PDA

View Full Version : Considering Trotec Speedy 300

Glenn Chua
09-02-2015, 8:11 AM
Attended Keith's ADA workshop this past weekend. Learned a ton and was great meeting Keith.

I'll refrain from my opinion on Keith. Mom told me if I didn't have anything good to say I should keep quiet...

Kidding of course. Keith was great; Clearly talented and passionate about his work. Also envious of his ability to keep his shop well organized.
I brought my wife along to the class and he introduced her to pen turning... I now have a Jet 1221-VS on order and all the additional pen turning accessories. Thanks Keith ;)

I have several jobs lined up and have been saving up for a laser for a while now and am about to take the plunge.
Never owned a laser, but know my way around. I have a good amount of experience on multiple Epilog's and have primarily been using a family members Kern recently.

Awaiting quotes from local Trotec rep, but wanted to see if there was a preferred Trotec representative that Sawmill Creek members worked with? Keith mentioned a discount, but when I brought it up I didn't get much traction.

Also considering the new 360 or even 400, but will probably be more than I am willing to pay.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!!

Glenn Chua
09-02-2015, 8:53 AM
Disregard this post please. Search is my best friend.

Ran across this post just a couple down and contained the information I need:
http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?234677-Laser-Engraver-Cutter-Questions-and-Decisions

Thanks.