PDA

View Full Version : Made my day - Is this great or what?

Pete Simmons
08-23-2005, 9:31 PM
I made a plaque for this wedding. Here is the jest of a letter I received from them and a few pictures. I think they liked it!!!

"Pete,

Hello, this is Wendy(I'm the bridemaid with the lighter brown hair). I
wanted to send you pictures from the wedding. My sister Jen and Mical both
absolutley loved The Apache Wedding Blessing that you made. It was also
from my other sister Jaime (she's the bridesmaid with the darker brown hair)
It was the perfect gift & I just wanted to thank you and show you how much
what you do is appreciated and loved!

God Bless,
Wendy H..."

http://laserimagearts.com/images/wendywedblessing2.jpg

Pete Simmons
08-23-2005, 9:32 PM
I should have made my name on the back bigger.

http://laserimagearts.com/images/wendywedblessing.jpg

Laura Zaruba
08-23-2005, 9:40 PM
Very nice!

Don't you just LOVE hearing about how much your customers and others appreciate your work? I have done several memorials and a few times people have told me they had to look at it a couple different times to finish reading it because it made them cry. Not that I like to make people cry but that has to be one of the most rewarding things about my business; knowing that I've created a lifelong keepsake that has touched the recipient or others so deeply that it moved them to tears. That is what keeps me going through the long stressful not-so-fun days that happen every now and then.

Rick Maitland
08-23-2005, 10:11 PM
Pete, if im looking at the pic. right, it looks as though you have a very light detailed engraving in the background. Is that what I am seeing? I am very impressed!!

Shaddy Dedmore
08-23-2005, 11:22 PM
That looks awesome. Great job. I guess you know what I'll be trying later this week. :)

Shaddy

Barbara Buhse
08-24-2005, 3:23 PM
ok, this is really beautiful...

These are the types of things that people just love... I have not thought of putting a poem or saying together on top of a picture... I'm also going to be trying this very soon. (Hope you don't mind!)

Barbara

J Porter
08-24-2005, 9:32 PM
Awesome, Excellent work, Pete!!

And it's that sort of response that makes this biz worthwhile...

James Stokes
08-25-2005, 7:23 AM
ok, this is really beautiful...

These are the types of things that people just love... I have not thought of putting a poem or saying together on top of a picture... I'm also going to be trying this very soon. (Hope you don't mind!)

Barbara

Barbara, I do quite a bit with putting things in the background. The easiest way I have found to do it is to put a 1 point white outline around text then set the background image to 30% gray. This generally comes out very good.