PDA

View Full Version : Your pics, which web site?

Doug Jones
06-07-2003, 11:13 AM
For those who do not have your own web site what third party web site do you use for posting your wood working pictures?

Ken Salisbury
06-07-2003, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Doug Jones
For those who do not have your own web site what third party web site do you use for posting your wood working pictures?

Doug,

I have my own web site where I store my pics.

However - I don't know if you are aware of the SMC feature that allows you to insert a picture directly from your computer files to a post (presently limited to 1 picture/post).

To use this feature (after you have completed the your text message) go to the "Attach File" bar at the bottom of the Post window, click "browse" to select the picture from your computer files then click "submit"

Do not "preview post" after you insert the picture information -- or the picture information will be deleted.

Guy Kowalski
06-07-2003, 9:41 PM
Ken,

I am aware of the rules of this site. I have a forum and a free gallery for woodworkers pictures. I started the gallery for the exact reason the origonal poster gives. There is just not alot of free space for woodworkers to post pictures of their beautiful work. If he has multiple pictures he is welcome to post them there. I have plenty of space on my server. May I post the URL for him to post his pictures?

Paul Kunkel
06-07-2003, 10:33 PM
It's free, give a fair amount of space , easy to use. Check out my 'gallerys'. I haven't posted anything new for awhile-2 jobs going at once:(

Rick LoDico
06-08-2003, 10:50 AM
I have my own website that I use sometimes but the bulk of my photo storage is with www.clubphoto.com For a fee of 15.00 a year I can store about 2000 pics and post them on any message board. Keep in mind that some free sites do not allow the "deep linking" that you need to do this.

Mike Evertsen
06-08-2003, 7:05 PM
webshots.com