PDA

View Full Version : Tallboy and Extra Wide Dresser, delivered today

Scott Brandstetter
08-31-2015, 2:03 AM
Kentucky Sawdust's latest delivery to another happy customer. Thought I would share. I really like working with walnut. Customer wanted the walnut to be stained so we did what they asked.

Hardest part was getting the pieces up to their second floor bedroom; brings up a question....how do you handle the delivery and setup of the furniture you build? Do you have a flat rate delivery charge?320546320547

Bill Ryall
08-31-2015, 7:36 AM
I usually do specialty commercial technical furniture. I figure out roughly what my hard costs will be- van/truck rental if needed, money for an additional body, amount of time necessary for installation and any special considerations. This becomes a line item on the quote.

Due to the nature of the type of furniture, I do the installations myself. Usually if I can bring the delivery/installation in below the quote, I'll split the savings with the client 50/50. For example, if I quote $800 for delivery and installation, and my actual costs are $600, I'll credit $100 on the final bill. Gives the client an incentive to have things ready, and promotes some goodwill.

I also have full moving equipment- pads, dollies, etc. I have found it to be well worth the investment.