PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in NJ want some old woodworking magazines?

dennis thompson
08-30-2015, 9:10 AM
I have about 40 pretty old popular woodworking, woodworkers journal, & woodcraft magazines. If anyone in NJ would like to pick them up (I'm in Madison,Morris county) they are welcome to them. First come first served.:)
PM me if interested

Val Kosmider
08-31-2015, 1:16 PM
Smart move Deniis......offering them for free to a local.

I always wonder when I see the FWW or FHB "collections" for sale if anyone ever actually spends money to have those early issues. A LOT of what is in there is quite dated--inclduing techniques, products, tools or equipment.

When I moved I gave away all of my old woodworking magazines to the maintenance department in my community....assume it was great bathroom reading! I was glad to be rid of them and thankful that I didn't have to put them in recycling--in the more traditional sense.

Jim Koepke
08-31-2015, 2:28 PM
I always wonder when I see the FWW or FHB "collections" for sale if anyone ever actually spends money to have those early issues. A LOT of what is in there is quite dated--inclduing techniques, products, tools or equipment.

Some of the "dated techniques, products, tools or equipment" aren't any older than the techniques, products, tools or equipment I use on a regular basis.

Some of what got me interested in woodworking were early issues of Fine Woodworking my father found at a garage sale.

jtk

Steve Peterson
08-31-2015, 7:32 PM
I have the FWW magazine on DVD and find the old issues very interesting. Designs and plans are still relevant. Tool reviews might not matter anymore. The ads are obviously only good for a laugh or two.

Steve