PDA

View Full Version : Daikin air conditioners?

Frederick Skelly
08-29-2015, 10:34 PM
They have been in the US market only 2-3 years. They bought Goodman/Amana, both of which have spotty reviews. So they have 3 lines: goodman (builder grade), Amana (mid grade) and Daikin (premium grade). A very reputable AC man I know speaks well of the Daikin, citing good warrany and observed quality (his observation). Their 18 SEER high efficiency units come with a 12 year parts warranty (including the compressor).

Has anyone had experience with this brand?

Thanks!
Fred

Robert Maloney
08-30-2015, 9:07 AM
In the last 5 years I have been installing them at work in NYC. they are a great system. little finicky on start up,but once going work great. we are using them for both cooling and heating.

Frederick Skelly
08-30-2015, 10:00 AM
In the last 5 years I have been installing them at work in NYC. they are a great system. little finicky on start up,but once going work great. we are using them for both cooling and heating.

Thanks Robert. This helps. Could you answer a few more questions for me?
1) Are you doing residential work or commercial work on large buildings?
2) Could you explain what you mean by "finicky on start up"?
3) Also, I'm guessing their Residential units are rebadged (and hopefully somewhat improved) Amana units. Do you have any concerns there, as a pro?

Thanks for giving me a hand!
Fred

Robert Maloney
09-05-2015, 9:26 AM
Frederick,
We are installing these in residential construction. though most would consider it commercial given the size of the building. The last job we did had 40 condensers on the roof. We just handle the installs and piping. The control guys do the electrical and Daikin comes and we help him with the start-ups. most of the issues seem to come from the control end. Mostly improper placement of the sensors. As for concerns I don't have any. I think they are a nice system once you get used to installing them. Sorry it took so long to reply.

Frederick Skelly
09-05-2015, 2:51 PM
Thanks Robert!
Fred