PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly Bandsaw

Brad Adams
08-29-2015, 6:53 PM
I got the new GO513X2 bandsaw in on Wednesday, and finally got her set up and running today. Wow, what a difference from the old Delta 890 14" bandsaw. Cut up a wet piece of Honey Locust to do some turning and the factory six tooth per inch blade sliced right through. I think the cast iron wheels must make a huge difference. The old Delta would have struggled even with the three tooth per inch blade I had on it.

The delivery came without a hitch. No damage to the crate, no scratches on it anywhere. This thing really runs smooth. I can't wait until the new Lenox bi-metal blades arrive in Monday to test out the resaw capability.

If your thinking of buying a new bandsaw, I think anyone would be happy with a Grizzly saw.

Steve Kinnaird
08-29-2015, 7:25 PM
Nice machine.
I purchased the G0513ANV, the all black anniversary edition.
It came in about a moth ago. Got it unpacked, but not assembled yet.
Still finishing the shop and can't wait to power it up :)
I am sure that I will be as happy with mine as you are with yours.
My old bandsaw is a Reliant 14"

Joseph Montroy
08-29-2015, 8:44 PM
Brad, I got the same saw just over a year ago...same experience you did with shipping, and I love using it!

Barry McFadden
08-29-2015, 8:52 PM
Looks like a nice saw....but apparently you cut your kids head off with it!!

Steve Kinnaird
08-29-2015, 9:21 PM
Looks like a nice saw....but apparently you cut your kids head off with it!!

LOL, looks like his head might be stuck in the Dust Collection hose

Brad Adams
08-29-2015, 10:17 PM
He loves to suck up the dust with the shop vac and glue all the little scraps together from cut offs. I think I have a future woodworker in the making!

Scott Brandstetter
08-30-2015, 9:29 AM
Brad, great saw, I love mine. How did you manage to get the beast on a mobile cart? I bought a mobile cart and still haven't attempted to assemble or use. Any tips appreciated.

brian noel
08-30-2015, 9:54 AM
I like how easy they are to adjust. I have been able to set the blades up with no drift at all and use them for pattern cutting. I have the anniversary version with the bear because well.. BearKat Wood has a bear in it. ;) Great machine. Sorry the shops a mess, the maid has been out for forever.

dave nichols
08-30-2015, 10:32 AM
I got one too, picked it up at Grizzly last year, the guy in the warehouse wondered why I didn't get the anniversy model, told him I wanted the cast iron wheels and trunnion

Art Mann
08-30-2015, 11:21 AM
Cast iron wheels make only a little difference if the cut is short and none at all if the cut is long. Heavy wheels provide inertia to smooth the cutting action but that energy is expended under load.

David C. Roseman
08-30-2015, 11:42 AM
Cast iron wheels make only a little difference if the cut is short and none at all if the cut is long. Heavy wheels provide inertia to smooth the cutting action but that energy is expended under load.

Yep, but I'm guessing that extra mass adds to spin-down time. Last I checked, it takes around 25 seconds for my G0513x2 to coast to a stop :eek: I'd be curious how long it takes with the alloy wheels.

jack duren
08-30-2015, 11:45 AM
Nice machine.
I purchased the G0513ANV, the all black anniversary edition.
It came in about a moth ago. Got it unpacked, but not assembled yet.
Still finishing the shop and can't wait to power it up :)
I am sure that I will be as happy with mine as you are with yours.
My old bandsaw is a Reliant 14"

We had an old JET 14" at work that wouldn't cut crap. The POWERMATIC 44 at my shop cut through a 3.5x3.5 hickory on a radius without a glitch. Work offered to buy mine but I said no. Work ended up purchasing the G0513ANV anniversary model model and has worked fine so far.

I like the bandsaw but I'm trying to get them to trade for the Powermatic 24" with foot brake as they are only using it to cut full rolls of pleather and thats a waste for such a band saw:(.

But till then very happy with the Grizzly:).