PDA

View Full Version : Going from trotec speedy 100, 30 watt to speedy 300, 80 watt

Gary Gardner
08-29-2015, 11:39 AM
For the past 5 years I have been using a 30 watt speedy 100 to cut and engrave many different materials. I cut a lot of 1/8 inch Baltic birch, romark, mdf, acrylic, cork, oak, alder etc. I also vector engrave and raster engrave these materials as well. Due to getting so busy and now getting a new customer that keeps my laser busy all day, every day (so I will keep that one) I finally had to order a new laser. I have all of the settings I now use and I know I will have to dial in the new laser settings, but I am in a time constraint to get up and running once the new laser is delivered. I am wondering if anyone that has a speedy 300, 80 watt would be willing to share the settings they use for various materials to give me a starting point or a formula to convert the settings I now use to what I need for the new laser. I know everyone and all lasers are different but I just need a starting point to save me a bunch of time.

Thanks
Gary

Scott Shepherd
08-29-2015, 12:01 PM
Gary, post the materials you are looking for. That's the awesome thing about Job Control X, you can just save the settings out for a material, email it, then the other person can just import it and you're set.

Post what you want settings for and I'm sure we (collectively) can get you headed in the right direction.

Gary Gardner
08-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the reply Steve. I cut and Vector engrave .125 Baltic Birch. Raster engrave and cut Romark plastic. Cut, raster and vector engrave alder. Raster engrave oak. Cut and raster engrave .125 and .250 acrylic. Raster engrave and cut cork. Raster engrave plastic eyeglass frames. Cut .250 MDF. These are what I do most so any help is greatly appreciated.

Keith Winter
08-29-2015, 2:26 PM
Thanks for the reply Steve. I cut and Vector engrave .125 Baltic Birch. Raster engrave and cut Romark plastic. Cut, raster and vector engrave alder. Raster engrave oak. Cut and raster engrave .125 and .250 acrylic. Raster engrave and cut cork. Raster engrave plastic eyeglass frames. Cut .250 MDF. These are what I do most so any help is greatly appreciated.

I'm sure some people have starting settings but until they reply, a rough starting point would be take your current settings and multiply by 2.5. Test on a small area. Cool thing about Trotec you can actually change the settings as you engrave / cut. Just modify the settings below the icons and make sure your art is selected and it will apply instantly.

Gary Gardner
08-29-2015, 3:19 PM
Thanks Keith.
I was hoping for some initial settings to get started but if none appear I will try the formula.