PDA

View Full Version : For you golfers...

Donnie Raines
08-23-2005, 2:43 PM
If you have ever been through Myrtle Beach and had the opportunity to play Pine Lakes(The Grandaddy Course), I suspect the link below will provide a nice chuckle for the day. If you have not played this course, I encoruage you to play next time you visit Myrtle Beach. The course is nice, but the service and experience is first rate.

Allow me to set the scene for you: A very warm, sunny day. My playing partners and I approched the 7th hole...a short par 3 over water. Off to the side, under a larger weeping willow tree, is a man dressed in a kilt singing who let the dogs out(..along with music..). A table is set up in front of him, and the table in lined with mixed drinks. I had one...the gentlemen makeing the drinks had two. We hit our tee shots, he drank one more. This is clearly something you need to see to appreciate the humor here. Again, if you have played here, you will recall this gentlemen.

http://www.pinelakes.com
(click on "hear Perry")

For a little extra reading, click on the below link for more on the gentlemen I referring to. By the way the...the chowder has some serious kick. :cool:
http://www.golftodaymagazine.com/0307jul/myrtle.htm

Lee DeRaud
08-23-2005, 3:11 PM
My golf game is humorous enough all by itsownself, thankyouverymuch.:eek:

Jim Becker
08-23-2005, 5:35 PM
Golf?? I think I remember something about something called that... ;) But it's been over four years since I have been on a course. The clubs are up above the shop somewhere. And like Lee, I wouldn't need the "extra help" for my game...but would likely enjoy watching the "extra help" change my playing partners' scores closer to mine... :D

Don Baer
08-23-2005, 5:58 PM
A wise man once said that it's called Golf because all of the other four letter words were taken.

Carl Eyman
08-23-2005, 6:28 PM
I'm confused, Donnie. At first I thought you were talking about California's Myrtle Beach. After I became oriented I couldn't find anything on either site about singing except that German submarine crews listened to it. Ah well, my golf game now calls for laying up on all water holes; so I couldn't play that hole anyway.

Norman Hitt
08-24-2005, 2:57 AM
I used to play at that game, but I used a different method for keeping Score. I considered it a winning score, when I Found more Balls than I lost. My Buddies finally convinced me to get a set of Taylor Metal Drivers, but then, :( My Score Really went to C&@%, :mad: because the ball always Stayed in the Fairway, and NOBODY ever LOST any Balls in the Fairway, and then the Back problems began, so I just gave up the game. I did enjoy being out on the courses though, so maybe I need to just get myself a Kilt, and...................hmmm............ :confused: Oh Yes, ;) have some FUN again. :D

Donnie Raines
08-24-2005, 8:23 AM
You guys need to pick up the sticks again. It's a wonderful way to waste an afternoon. Actually, I have been playing since the age of 8. I play at least once a week, when the work load is light of coarse.

In any event, I hope you got a little chuckle listening to "Big Dog".

Jeff Sudmeier
08-24-2005, 8:27 AM
I play a little golf as well. I truely do enjoy it, but it is expensive and cuts into my camping and woodworking time! :)

I do like the way of keeping score, finding more balls than you lost... I WON this weekend! :)

Donnie Raines
08-24-2005, 9:56 AM
My dad keeps his score that way as well.... :rolleyes: :D

One time he found a ball, picked it up, put it in play(not paying any attention to what brand it was). Once we got to the green I picked the ball out of the hole for him and I noticed it was a Lady Flyer brand(pink letters and all). Lets just say he pays more attention to what he finds now... :p

Ken Garlock
08-24-2005, 10:35 AM
Donnie, centurys ago men would curse and beat the ground with sticks. Back them it was called witchcraft, today it is called golf. :D

Donnie Raines
08-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Donnie, centurys ago men would curse and beat the ground with sticks. Back them it was called witchcraft, today it is called golf. :D

Someone once said, " Golf is a good walk, spolied".

But then, someone else said. "Golf is the most fun you can have without takeing your cloths off"....... :rolleyes: :D

Lee DeRaud
08-24-2005, 11:15 AM
But then, someone else said. "Golf is the most fun you can have without taking your clothes off"....... :rolleyes: :DSounds like "someone else" has a serious lack of imagination.:cool:

Donnie Raines
08-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Sounds like "someone else" has a serious lack of imagination.:cool:

I know a few guys that love golf that much....oddly enough.... :eek: :D

Jeff Sudmeier
08-24-2005, 2:49 PM
Have you guys seen the Robin Williams skit on golf? Man is it hillarious it will have you crying! To many cuss words to post here, but if you google, I would think you could find it...

Vaughn McMillan
08-24-2005, 7:12 PM
Have you guys seen the Robin Williams skit on golf? Man is it hillarious it will have you crying! To many cuss words to post here, but if you google, I would think you could find it...
I have a copy of it here (http://tg3k.com/tg3k/golf.WMV). [Disclaimer...this film clip does NOT adhere to the SMC language guidelines, but it's very funny stuff.]

I think it was Eisenhower who said that golf is a game whereby men attempt to put a little ball in a little hole with tools totally unsuited for the task.

I'll stick to 8-ball and 9-ball pool. :cool: You never hear of people getting hit by lightning playing pool. :D

- Vaughn

Lee DeRaud
08-25-2005, 1:02 AM
Have you guys seen the Robin Williams skit on golf?Yup, I think he's seen me play.:eek: