PDA

View Full Version : Importing Laser Tubes

Walt Langhans
08-28-2015, 10:56 AM
Hi All,

Has anyone has imported RECI laser tubes (only ie not just getting an extra tube sent with your laser) directly from China. I'm working on getting this donebut I have a few questions I'd like to ask someone who's done it.

Thanks!

George M. Perzel
08-28-2015, 11:08 AM
Walt;
I have imported RECI and EFR tubes- what do you need to know?
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

John Noell
08-28-2015, 1:41 PM
Same here (but to Fiji). FWLIW, I've had better performance from EFR tubes.

Ross Moshinsky
08-28-2015, 2:38 PM
Here is how importing works typically from China.

China company ships it out via DHL or FedEx. It arrives at your door. If it's under $200 or marked under $200, you owe no taxes/duties. If it's over $200 you owe taxes/duties. FedEX or DHL will collect them from you directly. The taxes are based on what the item is. You can ask what the HS code they mark on the item and then you'll be able to use an online calc to figure out the taxes.

Walt Langhans
08-28-2015, 4:27 PM
George,

1/ Were you able to get RECI to deal with you directly? I have sent them several emails and Skype chats but no response.
2/ If not who did you go thru? I've found a few dealers but I would rather use someone that someone else has used successfully.
3/ Did you need an accession number for the tubes?

And thanks Ross for the taxes and duties, that would have been question 4 :D

Rich Harman
08-28-2015, 4:43 PM
Were you able to get RECI to deal with you directly? I have sent them several emails and Skype chats but no response.

I purchased my last tube from Reci directly, and they sent me a warranty replacement when the first one failed. Their email address is bjreci@recilaser.com

Greg Holt
08-28-2015, 6:11 PM
Have bought a EFR ZN-1250 from EFRlaser in China.

Advice from this forum was that they are a little better than RECI

weiyao@bjefrlaser.com.cn name of Frank

I found them good to deal and communicate with.

Dave Sheldrake
08-28-2015, 8:32 PM
Frank Yao @ EFR is a great guy, knows his stuff about tubes too and isn't just a salesman.

George M. Perzel
08-29-2015, 2:31 PM
Walt;
It's been awhile since I bought the RECI tube so not sure who is a good point of contact now -have to check the archives.
I go with EFR tubes now-a bit better overall than RECI but both are good. Ross has process right on-amazing how many things from China cost $160. Never had an accession number nor needed one.
Best Regards,
George
Laserarts

Rodne Gold
08-30-2015, 3:47 AM
you will be lucky to get the tubes unbroken , we have had 2 out of 3 imports arrive bust , no matter how well they packed. Get from a local supplier first even if you have to pay a premium.

Walt Langhans
09-01-2015, 11:53 AM
So this is odd...

Finally got a reply from RECI telling me they don't deal direct. Then I got an email from some guy saying that RECI pass my info on to him. Did a search on the company he said he represented and couldn't find anything.

Here's a copy of the email

Dear Sirs
This is Leo form Grand Business Co., Limited, which is a professional distributor of laser spare parts based in Beijng. We focus on export major brands of laser spare parts from China, especially Beijng RECI products. I take great pleasure to contact you that recommend by RECI.

I enclose our price list for you reference, compared with RECI factory, best price and quick response are our advantages, meanwhile, the first-hand sources, 100% quality ensure, welled package and flexiable price policy also makes us better than other sellers.
Please show me your inquiry, zipcode and city name, then I will show you CIF price.

Yours sincerely

This is all very suspicious to me. Thoughts?

Bill George
09-01-2015, 11:57 AM
Lightobject.com

Jerome Stanek
09-01-2015, 12:34 PM
Can you ask Reci fro a recommendation for a seller in the USA

John Noell
09-03-2015, 1:19 PM
Maybe try EFR instead? Dave Sheldrake seems to prefer them, and my luck with EFR has been better than with RECI.