PDA

View Full Version : those with intimate knowledge of the Jet JJP-12 please help

casey herring
08-27-2015, 10:10 PM
I have had this jointer/planer for a few months and have never taken the time to set it up so I decided to give it a go. I understand the process and what needs to happen for a the tables to become coplaner but I am an idiot and cannot seem to understand the anatomy of the machine so that I can move all the correct set screws based on where my gaps are.

the manual says that the four set screws do the adjusting for the back of the machine... I don't fully understand what they mean by "back" (again, I am an idiot) does this mean that if I were to look at the machine from the operators position that the back is where the fence is and that those four set screws only move the table from where the fence is to half way towards the front?

in essence I think my questions is: where does each screws lowing and raising correspond to on the table.

I need to start from the ground up as I have pretty well screwed it up.

If anyone is able to give me some in-depth explaining I would be very appreciative.

Curt Harms
08-28-2015, 8:57 AM
I have that machine. Mine worked well enough out of the box that I figured anything I did would likely make it worse. I think the set screws they're referring to in the back are drilled into the hinge that the table pivots on. Loosen the hinge a bit, adjust the set screw and tighten the hinge. Page 13 of my manual has the procedure. The planer table has a similar setup, 1 set screw in each corner. John Coloccia has this machine and has a love/hate relationship with it. Perhaps he'll check in with some tips.