PDA

View Full Version : In Search of

john passek
08-26-2015, 4:39 PM
Hello creekers
I am in desperate need to find a specific lamacoid for an industrial client.
I need a Yellow cap with a Magenta core in laserable material.
This is a Nuclear Safety Commisions standart color used for Radiation Hazard signage.
I have checked with all of my suppliers but no luck.
Gravograph used to have it but it was discontinued a few years ago. Arrrg:mad:
If anyone can help me out I'd be very greatfull.
Thanks

Bert Kemp
08-26-2015, 4:55 PM
have you check Johnson's Plastics

Mark Sipes
08-26-2015, 5:03 PM
When all else fails make your own. 1/32 ADA Alternative substrate/appliqué Solid Yellow over Burgandy

Tony Lenkic
08-26-2015, 5:47 PM
John,

Rowmark will custom make most combination with 2 full sheets purchase.
Would reverse engravable yellow/clear with paint fill work for that project?

Mike Null
08-27-2015, 7:10 AM
Forget about lamacoid. Use plastic laminate. Lamacoid has been in declining use for years and not much is available. Lamacoid is not really a laserable material-it can be engraved with some difficulty but not cut.

Every time I have run into the lamacoid spec I have been able to convert the customer to standard engraving laminate.

john passek
08-28-2015, 5:21 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions, I had mentioned the reverse and paint idea but they didn't like that.
We have found a work around though so things are all good.
The Specs are a national safety council standard so it's not up to the customer to make the changes.
What he did was he found a sticker that the council puts out so that will act as the official part of the sign and the rest will be yellow/black.
Mike- I should have used the word laminate instead of lamacoid, I'm just used to using it.
Tony- thanks for the heads up on Rowmark, I didn't know they would make small orders, I will keep that in mind since this will take up to 10 full sheets
Bert- I did check with Johnson with no luck.