PDA

View Full Version : Old performax drum sander?

Dan Masshardt
08-26-2015, 8:58 AM
I have the opportunity to get - for free - an OLD performax drum sander. This one has the motor underneath and is belt driven for the drum.

It's in a few pieces and will need a bit of work to put back together.

Does anybody have one of these or had? Is this a waste of my time to mess around with or can it be okay when put together right?

Thanks!

John TenEyck
08-26-2015, 10:46 AM
If the drum is true I would have it in my car now. Old doesn't matter if it's in good shape, or can be brought back into good shape with a little TLC. Having the motor underneath is a good thing. You can always pass it on to someone else if it doesn't meet your expectations. Go get it - now.

FREE is your friend.

John

Dan Masshardt
08-26-2015, 10:53 AM
If the drum is true I would have it in my car now. Old doesn't matter if it's in good shape, or can be brought back into good shape with a little TLC. Having the motor underneath is a good thing. You can always pass it on to someone else if it doesn't meet your expectations. Go get it - now. FREE is your friend. John

It's not going anywhere expect to me or staying in my friends barn - so no urgency. I just don't want it taking up space if it's not going to be a serviceable tool.

Looks like a nice leeson motor.