PDA

View Full Version : Off Topic Introduction

Randy Blackstock
08-25-2015, 10:31 PM
Is there a place for new members to introduce themselves or do we just jump in and start posting?

Kent A Bathurst
08-25-2015, 11:05 PM
Randy -

First: I think you just did both. :D

Second: Howdy.

Last: Carry on. You wanna tell us where you are located? OK if not.

PS - Don't send any of your tools to Harold, regardless of what he tells you about the Cosmic Tool transfer stuff.

Also - consider throwing down a lousy 6 bucks to support the Creek, and become a Contributor. That way, you can post in Classifieds, and join the lunatic discussions in the Lumber Yard forum. Plus - chicks dig it.

Charles Taylor
08-26-2015, 7:10 AM
Plus - chicks dig it.

That's why I did it.

John Donofrio
08-26-2015, 8:15 AM
That's why I did it.

^^^ Yep

Welcome to the Creek!

Lee Schierer
08-26-2015, 9:04 AM
Welcome Randy.

Randy Red Bemont
08-26-2015, 9:41 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Red

Shawn Pixley
08-26-2015, 12:20 PM
Jump on in! Welcome.

Mike Ontko
08-26-2015, 1:14 PM
Greetings Randy! Jump on in--the water's fine...but you might wanna be careful about drinking the Kool-Aid :)

Roy Harding
08-26-2015, 2:30 PM
Greetings Randy! Jump on in--the water's fine...but you might wanna be careful about drinking the Kool-Aid :)

Especially the GREEN Kool-aid.

Welcome, Randy.

Tom Walz
08-26-2015, 4:24 PM
Welcome.

This is a great forum. It is well supervised and seems to be full of gentlepeople.

Be prepared to be blown away by some of the answers and some of the projects posted. I find myself thinking "How could anybody be that good?". Then I go to the shop and make some kindling and it is all okay. Woodworking is like my old dog and it loves me without caring how good I am.

And chicks dig it.

Tom

Malcolm Schweizer
08-26-2015, 4:55 PM
Good day Randy,

Welcome to the Creek. I always appreciate someone who introduces themself before posting- you have class. What types of woodworking interest you most? I'm a Neanderthal guy mostly, but there is plenty of everything here.

A few notes to help you get started on the right foot:

We can go on forever about various methods of sharpening without really answering the original question. (That's actually a slight against myself, by the way.)
If you work for Home Depot, you may be offended by some of the posts here.
If you don't like green Kool-Aid, it's okay, just don't mention it in the power tools area.
Whatever you do, never mention blade retracting technology. (Legal disclaimer: My mentioning of said technology was merely for purpose of reference and in no way reflects the opinions of myself or that of the SMC community.)

All in fun ^^^ It's a good bunch of people.

Kent A Bathurst
08-26-2015, 5:20 PM
Go

Whatever you do, never mention blade retracting technology. (Legal disclaimer: My mentioning of said technology was merely for purpose of reference and in no way reflects the opinions of myself or that of the SMC community.)

The SSS Comintern has had its eye on your for a while, Malcolm...........;)

Malcolm Schweizer
08-26-2015, 8:22 PM
The SSS Comintern has had its eye on your for a while, Malcolm...........;)

I know Nuuuuthink... Absolutely nuuuuuuuthink.