PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-24-2015, 8:42 AM
24 Aug 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
We have finally gotten a break from the heat and dry, we got rain and the temps have cooled off. I'm really liking the cooler temps. :)
Spent some time doing aquarium maintenance this weekend and took time to watch a movie with the LOML. It was pretty nice not having a lot of work to do and to just have some "down time" for a weekend. The LOML is active in her Master Gardner program and she is really enjoying it. I am happy for her to be doing something she really enjoys and wants to do. The weather is supposed to be drier this week so maybe I'll get the finish started on my guitar body. The neck is finished and I'm really happy with it.

That's it for me, so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Mike Ontko
08-24-2015, 10:30 AM
Dennis, It's good to have a gardener in the house! Even better if that individual likes to process the produce. Over the past 3-4 weeks, I've been busy picking, prepping, and preserving stuff from our garden or donations accepted from others. Our pantry is full and we're just about ready for the winter (everything except the cold and wet). Apples are ready to come down from the tree, so this week will include either using the dehydrator to make apple chips or juicing enough to make a small batch of hard cider.

I don't have any woodworking related activities to make mention of this weekend, except maybe that I found a good chunk of leather at Michael's that I intend to use along with a honing compound of some kind (Simichrome, maybe) for stropping my chisels and plane blades. Is it just me, or are there others here that spend as much if not more time preparing tools and working on shop related enhancements as they do working on actual projects?

Shawn Pixley
08-24-2015, 9:38 PM
I have a sinus infection so didn't do much moving around. I fiddled with a the design of my inlay. Yseterday I played with LOML trying to melt 120 gms of manganese bronze (Herculoy) for casting a belt buckle. We just didn't have enough torch. I think we'll need to buy or make a furnace for melting this much metal.

Steve Kinnaird
08-24-2015, 9:47 PM
Can't wait for the day that I can post about a wood working project.
But over the weekend my son & I got the 100amp service into the workshops sub-panel.
I only wired 1 outlet. The for the 12,000 BTU window AC unit.
It will be nice to have AC to finish the walls & ceiling. Get it all painted and then install all of the outlets and switches.
Then comes the tools from the garage to the shop.
That will be a very special day :)

Bud Millis
08-24-2015, 10:56 PM
Finished up with the assembly of the Oneida Super Dust Gorilla. This week I'll start the duct work and hopefully finish it by the end of the weekend.

peter Joseph
08-24-2015, 11:08 PM
Split 1 of 4 enormous maple logs into manageable pieces, squared them up on the bandsaw and anchorsealed the ends for drying. Efforts yielded some nice blanks for hollow vessels and 20 or so blanks for chisel restoration projects.