PDA

View Full Version : Kitchen cab refinishing

Michael Weber
08-23-2015, 9:58 PM
Target Coatings 6500 says it is "brush friendly". Anyone done this and if so were the results close to what one would get by spraying it? I'm planning on spraying doors and drawers but spraying existing rails and stiles would require elaborate masking I prefer not to do if they can be successfully brushed. Is there a better product for this? I have a 3 stage home brewed hvlp blower and a fairly nice Graco turbine gun. Thanks, Mike

Jim Becker
08-24-2015, 10:28 AM
It may very well brush out nicely--I just have never brushed the TC products. Another option is Benjamin Moore Advance...a water borne alkyd paint. I just used it to do the uppers in our kitchen with great success...sprayed the doors and brushed the face frames/fixed panels. I used spray-bomb primer on the doors and brushed on a tinted SW high-adhesion primer (after thorough cleaning) on the FF. Great result.

Prashun Patel
08-24-2015, 11:30 AM
I am in the same boat; I'm about to finish my bathroom cabinets and am considering brushing my General Finishes Clear Poly on the cabinet edges (i'm doing Euro-style cabs).

I'm debating just shooting them too. Any overspray won't really be noticed on the insides. And as long as there's good ventilation, I don't see a big issue with spraying indoors. You'd just need to mask off the floor.