PDA

View Full Version : Any Metal Spinners out there?

Roger Feeley
08-23-2015, 10:11 AM
I'm getting ready to order a bunch of aluminum circles and am willing to combine with others. Meyer has a fixed charge to break a pallet and then the price is per/pound. Obviously, the more I order, the more I can spread that fixed cost. A full pallet is about 30,000 circles (not doing that).

I plan to order 8" and 10" circles.

They priced 300 of each. The 8" ones would run about $.75 and the 10" ones would be just over a dollar.

So, taking the 10". 300x$1 = 300. Subtract $75 and divide by 300 and you get the actual, per-piece cost.

All prices are FOB Sheboygan WI so there will be shipping.

They don't make this stuff easy.

Also, there is the complication of taxes. Meyer is wholesale only. I have a friend that has kindly offered to help me there. He has a tax number and has agreed to let me pay taxes through him. In essence, he will be buying the stuff and selling to me at cost + tax. I'm not going to even try to avoid paying taxes. You would think there there would be some mechanism for honest people like me to buy things from people who aren't set up to collect taxes. I should be able to go to a website, plug in a zip code and enter a sales amount and some other information and pay sales tax.