PDA

View Full Version : Shoe Storage For Bowling Alley

Dennis Peacock
08-22-2015, 11:37 AM
Greetings,
My only local bowling alley is looking for some ideas on bowling shoe storage. They have the cubby-hole wooden box type setup now but are out of space and need to store more shoes. I'm asking if any of you may have some ideas on ways to build storage for them for the shoes. They are really interested in storing small sized shoes for kids but we need to include adult sized shoes as well.
Any tips, pointers, advice, and/or designs would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Perreault
08-22-2015, 1:20 PM
People still bowl? :-) Actually my wife was a top candlepin bowler in New England for 25 years or so. She made some
money, we got to travel a lot, and we got to eat some terrible food and smell cigarette smoke at most of the lanes in New England. The cigarette smoke is what caused her to decide to quit bowling. As for the shoe storage, I have never seen anything but the rows and columns of cubbies somewhere near the checkout counter. If the place you are helping out has some kind of extra storage area or a room nearby, a rolling cart with the traditional shoe storage slots could be rolled out for the busy nights or events. Otherwise it's: rebuild the checkout cashier area and make room for shoe storage. If there was room under the counter, behind the counter or somewhere else, a revolving rack setup would work, but would require a great deal of depth for the contraption to fit.

Jim Becker
08-24-2015, 10:25 AM
If they have wall space available, rows of "coat hooks" are great for storing shoes in a hanging fashion...

Jamie Buxton
08-24-2015, 10:40 AM
A shoe store near me is short on floor space, but long on ceiling height. They have shelves mounted to a chain drive system. There are two loops of chain. Each loop runs from floor to ceiling, and back down. The chain looks like motorcycle chain. The shelves run from chain loop to chain loop. There are motors that drive the chains. When a user presses a button, front shelves rise up toward the ceiling, go over the top, and drop down in back. When they get to the floor, they turn around and go back up the front.