PDA

View Full Version : Love youtube, battery charger part deux

John T Barker
08-21-2015, 8:17 PM
I bought a cordless drill years without the charger, promising myself I would buy the charger "someday." Didn't and now it is no longer made and pozted here as to how I might find one. Finally did the right search and found out on youtube how to restore old batteries and charge them with a number of different methods. I'm not real familiar with electrical stuff so youtube, thank you.

Kent Adams
08-22-2015, 8:44 AM
Its amazing the amount of information on youtube for just about everything. Can you post a link to that particular video that shows how to restore old batteries? Thanks.

John T Barker
08-22-2015, 12:53 PM
Its amazing the amount of information on youtube for just about everything. Can you post a link to that particular video that shows how to restore old batteries? Thanks.

Will do, when I get home tonight.

John T Barker
08-22-2015, 9:29 PM

I haven't looked at any of these yet but this should be a start.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=charging+cordless+batteries

jack duren
08-22-2015, 9:51 PM
I tried this several ways with 12v xrp dewalts. Two charged a bit and two wouldn't. Just bought new...

Bruce Wrenn
08-23-2015, 1:00 PM
I was given two Craftsman 13.2 V drills with two chargers and four batteries several years ago. None of the batteries would take a charge. Last night after watching Allen's video, I went to the shop and tried his method. After many "flickers, the first two of the batteries started charging. I left them on over night, and did the other pair this morning. All four have taken a charge- WOW! I'm not sure how long they will last, but they are working now, which they weren't before. I've got a couple Porter Cable MagaQuench 12V that I want to try next. Will report results when I do them.