PDA

View Full Version : Miter Saw Blade

Ken Krawford
08-21-2015, 7:16 AM
I have a radial arm saw that I use for most of my cross cutting but use my miter saw when an angle is involved. The factory blade is marginal at best and I'd like to replace it. The Forrest blade on my radial arm has worked great. Since I use my miter saw much less frequently, I'm wondering if there's a decent 12" blade I can buy that costs less than the Forrest.
Thanks for your input.

Bruce Volden
08-21-2015, 10:13 AM
I bought a new blade on the recommendations of several readers here on the creek. Carbide Processors is an advertiser on this site and has very high quality blades---give 'em a call.

Eric Schmid
08-21-2015, 11:04 AM
I think your answer depends on quite a few factors. A lot of guys like Diablo blades, but I wouldn't expect to make wide picture frames with one on a miter saw. Freud industrial and Tenryu are good blades in the $100 range. I picked up a Makita 14", full kerf, that cuts like butter. Even your current blade will cut much better when properly sharpened. Mine come back from the local shop better than new. This won't overcome the deflection inherent in 12" thin kerf blades on a miter saw, however. I'd look for a full kerf for anything but narrow stock if you are making finish cuts.