PDA

View Full Version : Dewalt DCD 950 Chuck will not open NEWBIE

Rahul Srivastava
08-21-2015, 3:25 AM
Hello. I have a Dewalt DCD950 Drill. I bought it second hand and it worked fine for a while. Unfortunately, the chuck is stuck. It will not open or close any more. I am new to woodworking and know nothing about mechanics. If someone can help me that would be great.

Bill Orbine
08-21-2015, 8:23 AM
Usually, once the chuck goes bad, it's time to replace it.

Google up "Dewalt Drill Chuck Removal". There are several videos available showing how to remove the chuck. Keep in mind while the chuck is threaded onto the shaft, there's is usually a reverse threaded socket cap screw inside. Watch the videos.

Don't have the BFH or the BFP? Take it to a mechanic.

Rahul Srivastava
08-21-2015, 2:27 PM
What is a BFH or BFP? When I take the chuck off what should I do? How do I make it open and close again?

Rahul Srivastava
08-21-2015, 2:41 PM
When I look down the chuck I don't see any screw head so I still have no clue how to take the chuck off :(

Bill Orbine
08-21-2015, 3:25 PM
BFH Big F....... Hammer :D
BFP Big F...... Pliers :D

No screws..... use the pliers. Did you watch any of the videos? They show how to remove the chucks.

Rahul Srivastava
08-21-2015, 3:52 PM
BFH Big F....... Hammer :D
BFP Big F...... Pliers :D

No screws..... use the pliers. Did you watch any of the videos? They show how to remove the chucks.

LOL. Ok well the videos that I watched all showed how to remove the chuck when there was a screw. Do you have a video that shows how to remove the chuck when there is no screw?