PDA

View Full Version : Bosch "colt"

James Boster
08-22-2005, 9:23 PM
Anyone have one of the new smaller Bosch "colt" routers. Looks a little bit bigger and more powerfull than a laminate trimmer. Thinking of buying one just looking for any feedback. Thanks.

Larry Norton
08-22-2005, 10:32 PM
James, from all I've read, it looks good. You can get the single speed for about $99, the variable speed is about $129. For only $30 more I'll probably get the VS, although I probably don't need it since you can't use large bits.i've got a PC laminate trimmer that is fine as long as you don't want to fine tune the height. I only use it for an eighth in. roundover bit. Since I only have 7 routers now and this is a new tool, I definitely need one!:D

Maurice Ungaro
08-23-2005, 8:04 AM
Check the latest FWW - they have a brief write up on the Bosch and the Rigid model.

Brad Townsend
08-23-2005, 9:27 AM
I just got the variable speed model. Haven't even had a chance to use it for real yet, but it feels real good in the hand, starts smooth and appears very well made. From playing around with it, my only complaint is the fine height adjustment. The base tends to bind on the motor and it requires some fiddling to get it to move smoothly. But then, I haven't tried adjusting the base lock tension yet. Loosening that a smidge, or lubing the inside of the base with a little wax might help.

Tom Hintz
08-23-2005, 10:40 AM
I have reivews of both the Bosch Colt and ridgid versions at the link below, scroll down to Routers.
The Bosch is really nice but I would go with the variable speed because this thing really zings. The VS makes it easier to use a wider varieity of bits.

http://www.newwoodworker.com/reviews/index.html