PDA

View Full Version : Flights to Cuba Announced

Jim Koepke
08-19-2015, 11:59 AM
Looks like they may be Charter Flights, but it is a start.

American Airlines said Tuesday that it would begin weekly charter flights between Los Angeles and Havana in December, as the US and Cuba edge closer to full bilateral aviation relations.

http://news.yahoo.com/american-airlines-launch-charter-flights-cuba-la-162443149.html

jtk

daryl moses
08-19-2015, 2:13 PM
I would love to go there for vacation in a couple of years. Would be like stepping back in time........

Mike Henderson
08-19-2015, 5:46 PM
I would love to go there for vacation in a couple of years. Would be like stepping back in time........
In a couple of years, Cuba may have already changed. But remember that the embargo is only between the US and Cuba. They buy good from Europe so they have modern things, including European cars and stylish clothes (especially in Havana).

If you go, you'll have to change money. If you take US dollars, Cuba charges and extra 10% on the exchange. Better to trade for Euros before you go. No extra tax on an exchange of Euros. All exchanges have a 3% tax so you'll pay 13% to exchange US dollars.

No ATMs for US visitors on the island because no data connection to US, so no way to get money from your bank so you have to take cash.

Mike

Gerry Grzadzinski
08-19-2015, 7:52 PM
Convert your US dollars to Canadian dollars.
Cuba has been a popular vacation spot for Canadians for years. And right now, if you convert US to Canadian, you get an extra 20%.

Frank Drew
08-20-2015, 12:23 PM

A non-American friend of mine went last year with a group of his friends for an in-depth look at the colonial architecture.