PDA

View Full Version : Laser on a plate and a chalice base?

Brian Kent
08-19-2015, 11:01 AM
Some of my communion sets are made for gluten free wafers. But the plate and the chalice need to be set aside for this purpose only. My son has Celiac's and cannot handle the crumb of bread without long time intestinal pain. Over time I will make dozens of these.

I am looking for a way to mark the chalice and plate for Gluten Free usage. One option is to mark the base of the chalice and the inside of the plate with the GF in a circle mark.

How would you recommend I mark them? custom logo wood burner? A screen process? Laser? I do fancy calligraphy but block letters are difficult to do cleanly.

What do you think?

Mark Sipes
08-19-2015, 4:36 PM
Diamond Drag

Roy Sanders
08-19-2015, 7:43 PM
I suppose I would do the laser or wood burner. the screen print just doesn't seem sustainable. By that i mean over time it will go away. (Not that I know anything about screen print.) The wood burning will look cool, if you know how and do it well. Laser offers ease and a bunch of design flexibility

Kev Williams
08-19-2015, 8:11 PM
Diamond Drag
Yup. Good old fashioned actual engraving. :)

Mark Sipes
08-19-2015, 9:41 PM
You never told us that the items are made of so vinyl lettering might be an option.......I just assumed gold/silver plated dishware. Beginning to sound like oak or maple.