PDA

View Full Version : Delta 14" Bandsaw Tire Recommendations

Dimitrios Fradelakis
08-18-2015, 8:57 PM
I was looking at purchasing the 14" Carter blue urethane tires for my BS but what other brands have other members been happy with? Silly question but 14" tires are what I need for my saw, correct?

Bradley Boyle
08-18-2015, 9:53 PM
I installed tires made by Sulpher Grove Tools on my Delta 890 14" bandsaw. They are heavy duty and fit my saw perfectly. They are also made in the USA which for me was a real selling point. I have been very happy with their quality and performance and can highly recommend them. They are available from the company web site as well as through Amazon. As far as size is concerned, a 14" tire is what you need. Be sure to check the width of your wheels, on my rather old (1939 vintage) bandsaw they were one inch but my understanding is that on some of the newer bandsaws they can be 7/8 th of an inch. Since your saw is also a Delta, I suspect you will need the one inch sized tires but it will not hurt to check.

Dimitrios Fradelakis
08-18-2015, 10:04 PM
Thank you, Bradley, for the recommendation and advice.

Allan Speers
08-19-2015, 12:53 AM
I like Band Saw Tire Warehouse (Ebay)

They are blue urethane also, and they make their own, in NJ. These guys probably make the blue tires that other retailers sell, though they claim to use a special formula that was tested & picked over many others.
The price is good, delivery is fast, and the quality is excellent. Nice & thick, and not very sticky so very little sawdust is picked up.

Judson Green
08-19-2015, 10:23 AM
Got the orange ones from grizzly on my saw. No complaints

Bruce Wrenn
08-19-2015, 8:17 PM
The blue (Carter) are narrower than the orange (Sulfur Grove) ones. I run the orange ones on my saws, with no problems.

Phil Thien
08-19-2015, 8:36 PM
+1 on the Sulfur Grove orange ones, they work great.

fiona beckett
08-20-2015, 6:39 PM
I like Band Saw Tire Warehouse
http://wigunpics.science/16/g.png