PDA

View Full Version : Epilog Rotary issue question ?

brian capehart
08-17-2015, 5:35 PM
I am using an epilog rotary attachment in a 50w Mini 24. Using CorelDraw x7 for my artwork. Etching a drinking glass at 300-600 dpi from within the epilog printer driver i get normal expected results. the artwork is 300 dpi 1 bit bitmap.

However, if i choose 200 dpi the artwork is compressed along the Y-axis by atleast 50%.

in the attached pic the top etching is compressed, the middle is NOT, and the bottom is compressed.319803

can anyone explain why this is ?

Kev Williams
08-18-2015, 1:31 AM
What will change the Y travel distance is what the machine thinks the diameter is.

Maybe the machine is for some reason seeing the 200dpi as a diameter change? Or, it may be trying to compensate for it and force the 200dpi into 300dpi. That operation would squish the Y axis to 66% of normal, pretty close to the 50% you're estimating. Don't know why it would do that unless there's some sort of limitation, or glitch? The rotator may not like moving the Y-axis that fast...?

Or maybe it IS moving that fast, but the glass isn't keeping up?

brian capehart
08-18-2015, 4:38 PM
well thats as good an as answer as any i guess, what you are saying kinda makes sense....thank you for the response.

is there anyone who can maybe try and duplicate the same action on there machine ?