PDA

View Full Version : Lie Neilsen

Ralph Boumenot
08-15-2015, 12:01 PM
Hi,
Is anyone else experiencing problems with the LN site. I tried to order something on the web this morning and got nowhere - wouldn't accept my info and kept asking me for my full name. The 1-800 goes to message and tells me to leave one. The 1-207 number I got the same results with. Did they close up saturdays for sales or go on vacation?

Paul McGaha
08-15-2015, 12:16 PM
Hi Ralph,

Last things I've bought from LN I used Craftsman Studio. I think they carry the whole LN lineup and pretty sure the pricing is the same.

PHM

Malcolm Schweizer
08-15-2015, 12:33 PM
I just bought a vise handle and had to call them. The guy said they had a new system and seemed very frustrated with it. He had to call me back to complete the order while he figured out why it would not take a gift certificate.

Mike Brady
08-15-2015, 2:46 PM
Works fine from Chicago area on Saturday afternoon. They are not staffed on weekends.

Ralph Boumenot
08-15-2015, 5:06 PM
Hi back Paul,
figured it out - the website doesn't like my email address. Used my wife's email and I was able to do the order.

Ralph Boumenot
08-15-2015, 5:10 PM
I have had nothing but problems with the LN website since they updated it. When they rolled it out it wiped out my entire history with them - I had to make a new account, it was lots of fun.

Ralph Boumenot
08-15-2015, 5:14 PM
Hi to Chicago land
I spent the winter of 1974-75 freezing my butt off going to C school in the navy.
That aside it worked fine when I tried my wife's and my daughter's email addresses. For some reason my email address is letting the ghosts out of the IT black hole. Hopefully the order went through with me using my wife's email but my credit card. I'll keep happy thoughts on this.

Frederick Skelly
08-15-2015, 5:37 PM
For a month or so, the LN site has been really "crapped up" on my mobile devices. I get what looks like a site map and it's been very tedious to use. They said "yeah, we know" but had no idea when it would get sorted out. Couldn't fault the guys on the phone - not their responsibility.

Works just fine on a PC though.

Ralph Boumenot
08-16-2015, 6:24 AM
I've heard that reply from them before too. LN seems to move at a leisurely pace fixing 'I know' things. My computer at work sounds like what you get on your mobile devices and even that is hit and miss. May also have to do with the servers at work and their restrictions. The downside is that my email address on their site will not work.

Randy Karst
08-16-2015, 12:17 PM
Paul, Just an Fyi: Craftsman Studio was purchased by Group 4 Int'l http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BawBy07cL.jpg. Its not the same Craftsman Studio that we knew and appreciated.
Hi Ralph,

Last things I've bought from LN I used Craftsman Studio. I think they carry the whole LN lineup and pretty sure the pricing is the same.

PHM

Tom Henderson2
08-17-2015, 3:47 PM
Paul, Just an Fyi: Craftsman Studio was purchased by Group 4 Int'l http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41%2BawBy07cL.jpg. Its not the same Craftsman Studio that we knew and appreciated.

OH NO! This is unfortunate; I always really likes CS. When did the change in ownership occur?

Niels Cosman
08-17-2015, 8:13 PM
Lie N I E L S E N
I before E, my friend.
As someone afflicted with the name Niels, misspelling of the surname Nielsen digs as my deepest darkest lifelong peeve. :):p
***This concludes this public service announcement***

Also I haven't had any problems with the site, I've made a couple of orders in the past month including one two weeks ago.

Frederick Skelly
08-17-2015, 8:33 PM
Lie N I E L S O N .

Ummm Niels? It's spelled Lie NielsEn.

Niels Cosman
08-18-2015, 12:07 AM
Touche! Hahaha!

Randy Karst
08-18-2015, 1:20 AM
In the spirit of good camaraderie, Frederick +1; Niels +2 for such a pleasant sense of humor!

Frederick Skelly
08-18-2015, 7:20 AM
In the spirit of good camaraderie, Frederick +1; Niels +2 for such a pleasant sense of humor!I agree! :)

george wilson
08-18-2015, 8:48 AM
I before E except after C? That's WEIRD!!.

Of course,the little rhyme is what we were taught in school. Works most of the time.

Stewie Simpson
08-18-2015, 10:39 AM
I before E except after C? That's WEIRD!!.

There is some more examples here George.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_words_not_following_the_I_before_ E_except_after_C_rule

Niels Cosman
08-18-2015, 7:17 PM
There is some more examples here George.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Category:English_words_not_following_the_I_before_ E_except_after_C_rule

NO STEWIE! Don't give folks any wei.... strange ideas! :D