PDA

View Full Version : Nova Dvr Xp issues

Roaden Kenzie
08-15-2015, 8:10 AM
I recently bought a DVR XP and I'm on my 4th headstock, which still has issues. Does anybody out there who has that machine notice bearing squeak? Teknatool is telling
Me that the bearings have the "burn in" first and it'll stop along that noise after use! I'm a mechanical engineer and I'm not buying that! So does anybody else's machine have a squeak and has it went away?
Thanks guys!

Tony Rozendaal
08-15-2015, 8:38 AM
I had a DVR XP for a few years (2011 - 2014) and it did have a unique sound to the headstock. I always attributed it to the electronics that drive the DVR motor. I would describe it as more of a hiss than a squeak, so it may not be the sound that you are hearing.

If there was an unbalanced piece on the lathe you could actually hear it load up as the heavy side of the piece was coming up and then quiet down as it coasted, so the noise could come and go at the same rate as the speed of the lathe.

I sold the DVR XP after I moved up to a larger lathe - I sometimes which I still had it, though.

Eric Gourieux
08-15-2015, 11:15 AM
I've never noticed a squeak with my DVR. There is a humm when under load but no bearing squeak.

Trevor Mills
08-15-2015, 11:53 AM
I've had a DVR XP for a few years and it's always run quiet.

Ralph Lindberg
08-15-2015, 2:23 PM
No bearing squeak, but there is a slight hiss. I've had mine, well.... 8 years?

But the newer China production ones have had more QA issues then the olde New Zealand made ones.

John Grace
08-15-2015, 8:55 PM
I have mine for just over three years...no noises here.

Sid Matheny
08-15-2015, 11:27 PM
Hope you let us know what you find out. I have had mine about 6 or 7 years with no noise.

Alan Gan
08-16-2015, 3:18 PM
Had mine about 7 months and no noise so far. Loving it!

Blair Swing
08-16-2015, 8:51 PM
Two years and no noise, compared to my old Craftsman don't even realize it is on sometimes it is so quiet.