PDA

View Full Version : Ryobi table saw switch

Donald Cook
08-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Hi all,

New to the forum but I have a question I hope to get some help with: My Ryobi BT3100 (3500? been so long I forgot, and the saw's` graphics don't show a number) table saw, beloved for fifteen years, finally has an issue: the switch no longer will turn off the saw.

NOT the best situation. Managed to finish my project by setting up a portable switch, but really, not good. So.

Is this a known issue? Has anyone any luck with repairing/replacing the switch? Where? The Ryobi "service centers" are not their finest hour but if I have to, I will.

Thanks.

Don.

Phil Thien
08-14-2015, 11:25 PM
I believe Ryobi will offer you a free replacement switch if you contact them. There is a thread or two on Ryobi power switch failures over at bt3central.com, with a contact at Ryobi that will fix you up.

Donald Cook
08-14-2015, 11:50 PM
Thank you Phil, I have been trying to get onto that forum. I used to visit it regularly under the old name. Now, if I try to get in, nobody seems to be home. Can't get a new password, can't register as a new user with a new email. Most frustrating.

But I bet your suggestion will get me in touch with Ryobi. Very grateful.

Don.

Roger Pozzi
08-15-2015, 7:23 AM
Thank you Phil, I have been trying to get onto that forum. I used to visit it regularly under the old name. Now, if I try to get in, nobody seems to be home. Can't get a new password, can't register as a new user with a new email. Most frustrating.

But I bet your suggestion will get me in touch with Ryobi. Very grateful.

Don.

The forum name has changed. Try this (http://www.sawdustzone.org/index.php).

David Dryden
08-15-2015, 7:55 AM
I recently contacted Wayne Hill at Ryobi via his email as posted on BT3 Central (now SawDustZone.com). I sent him pics of my saw serial number plate and switch, and received my updated switch within a few days! Wayne's email is wayne.hill@ttigroupna.com. Hope this helps.

David

Lee Schierer
08-15-2015, 8:38 AM
Sometimes you can blow out the switch with compressed air while flipping it on and off. This is usually a short term fix.

Jim Dwight
08-15-2015, 8:47 AM
If you have to buy a switch, Sears still carries parts for their version of the BT3100. I've replaced my switch once. I don't remember if I paid or Ryobi just gave it to me. It is also a pretty generic looking switch (what you see is a cover, take it off and it's just a rocker switch).