PDA

View Full Version : Review of my experience with first ever bandsaw Laguna LT14SUV

Mike Nguyen
08-14-2015, 1:05 PM
So after finding that it's unpleasant to cut some curves with a jig saw I decided that I wanted a bandsaw. I went with Laguna LT14SUV because of the small foot print. I ordered from Woodcraft through Amazon because it's almost $400 cheaper than buying from local Woodcraft or directly from Woodcraft.com. The first saw arrived damage and I did not see the damage. Woodcraft replaced and shipped out another one the next day. The second saw arrived in perfect condition. I am still waiting for someone from UPS to give me a call and pick the first saw. It's been 2 weeks.
I was not impressed with the manual and found the pictures in the manual very hard to see. However, Laguna has the videos that show you how to assemble the saw from A-Z and it's so much better than the manual. Another thing that I was not impressed with the saw was minor scratches to the base of the saw. The throat plate was no perfectly flat so I contacted Laguna through online CHAT and they sent out the new one the next day after I email them with the invoice and serial number to prove that I did buy the saw.
My saw was somehow set up perfectly (for someone with no bandsaw experience like myself) because when I test the saw for drift, the blade was in the middle of the cut. I did not have to adjust the fence. I used the method that Laguna use to set up the fence for blade drift. And so with the first ever bandsaw cut, I cut 4 thin strips and below is the results.

Mike