PDA

View Full Version : New assembly table

Michael Cole
08-14-2015, 11:36 AM
319598o319599

My first project in the new shop. Assembly table with beadlock loose tenon construction (first time I used this technique), Rockler T Track table top with some maple to make table a little larger, Rockler casters, leg levelers.

Rick Potter
08-14-2015, 12:14 PM
Great first project Michael.

How about building a box with drawers that fits underneath for a second project. Mighty handy.

PS: How about a review of how the T track table works out.

Ted Otto
08-20-2015, 3:51 PM
Michael,

Nice table! I just ordered the Rockler T-Track table and a couple clamps last week with their sale they had going on. Anxiously waiting for it to show up. I really like your idea of making the top larger...I may have to consider doing something similar when I get to making a base for mine. What did you end up with an overall top size and how tall is yours?
Thanks!
Ted

Robert Engel
08-20-2015, 5:47 PM
Very nice looking table with a nice sturdy base.

What it the top constructed of and how did you ensure flatness?

Michael Cole
08-20-2015, 9:46 PM
Overall size is 33" by 55". I made the height so that I could put a 3/4" plywood piece on top to act as an outfeed table. A 23/32 works better. It turned out a little taller than what I wanted. I measured and measured and measured again and actually thought I had it a little short which was fine because I had the leg levelers, but it ended up the exact height.

Michael Cole
08-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Very nice looking table with a nice sturdy base.

What it the top constructed of and how did you ensure flatness?

I have to confess I did not ensure flatness. I put a piece of 23/32 plywood across the whole thing and then put the t track table on that which is 1 1/8", then I put some plywood around the t track table top and then put 3/4" maple on top of that to meet the height.