PDA

View Full Version : Possible Lumber GLOAT

Bob Weisner
08-22-2005, 11:24 AM
:D Hi:

Well, I was going to go buy some lumber this month from the sawmill in town that I have always bought from, when I saw a farmer with some logs and one of those portable sawmills sawing up some logs. A couple of weeks went by and I decided to call the farmer up. (I used to buy my Maple Syrup from him.) I asked him if he was doing any sawmill work, he said " Yes, that's me!" Found out he had been doing it for a while now and I never knew it. :o It is just a small Timber Harvestor bandsaw mill with a 30 or 40 hp engine. Saws about 500 feet a day. Not much , but enough for me!! :D :) Oh, and the prices: Cherry 4/4 2.00 to $3.50 for air dried lumber

Poplar 4/4 : $1.00

White and Red Oak 5/4 :$1.50

He even has a Lumber Kiln : Did not get prices for Kiln dried lumber: He has about 3,000 Board Feet that is Kiln dried.

Jeff Sudmeier
08-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Sounds like a pretty good source to me! Good luck, if it is good quality you will want to get real friendly with him! ;)

lou sansone
08-22-2005, 3:29 PM
good find and the way I also have found my lumber and saw logs. prices are what they should be for that type of opperaton. let us know how you make out. best wishes

lou