PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Dust Collector

Wayne Lovell
08-13-2015, 4:02 PM
I recently ordered a 2hp Laguna dust collector from Woodcraft and it arrived Monday afternoon and as someone else posted a few days ago about a Laguna bandsaw they had ordered the pallet was so flimsy it broke in transit but I was lucky and the dust collector was not damaged. If you make the mistake I did and order a Laguna tool be prepared to experience the absolute worst manual you have ever seen. The written instructions if they were ever of any use did not survive the translation from Chinese very well but you can make out with the pictographs. Next, NEVER NEVER tighten any bolt or screw until everything is loosely assembled. If you follow the instructions and tighten the bolts as you go along as you would normally would you will never be able to force the parts together ( proper fit is not one of their strong points), however they are close enough that if you put them together very loosely and then gradually tighten them a little at a time you can slowly pull it together.

I am almost finished with the assembly but at the very end there is a short piece of 12" flex hose between the the bottom of the cone and the collection drum. The hose clamps supplied are too large and cannot be tightened enough to hold the hose in place. I thought OK call Laguna tell them they had the wrong hose clamps in the box and they would take care of the problem, right. WRONG, first thing is we can't even talk to you until you go on line and register the tool. I will add that their so called Manual has no customer service number and not a word about registering the warranty. I guess they hope that if they don't mention it you won't think of it before the 30 days you have from the time is is shipped is up.

Dave Fritz
08-13-2015, 4:11 PM
I was looking at one then I saw this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efIctxHmyco

Very disappointing. Hope the one you have works out, may need the duct tape too.

Dave Fritz

Mike Nguyen
08-13-2015, 5:47 PM
Hi Wayne,
I was the one that ordered the Laguna LT14SUV from Woodcraft and the pallet was so flimsy that the saw was damage. However, Woodcraft shipped another one right after I called and I received the new one a few days ago and it's perfect, not even a scratch on the plastic wrapping that I can see. The pallet for the new saw was on 4x4 and 2x4 and that's why it did not fall down in transit. I agree with you that the manual is worthless that even the pictures is not clear. However, I went online and watched the videos how to assemble the bandsaw and it's very easy to follow.
http://www.lagunatools.com/videos
I needed the throat plate to be replaced because it's not flat enough for me so I just use the Chat button to tell them that I just bought the saw and want to replace the throat plate and all they asked is the invoice to prove that I bought the saw and the serial number of the saw to ship a new one out for me. They even email me the case number, FedEx tracking number... so I thought their customer service was great. Maybe the difference was I did not call them. I used the online Chat.
Hope the videos link will help you.
Mike

Bill McNiel
08-14-2015, 12:58 PM
Wayne,
Sorry to hear of your issues, I bought the Laguna 2hp DC about 3 years ago and had no problems assembling it other than placing/installing the motor by myself (fit and finish were very good - instructions were typical bad translations). It has performed very well for me in everyday usage with 6' duct runs (max run is about 30').

Wade Lippman
08-14-2015, 4:21 PM
I bought a JDS 3hp about 6 years ago and it arrived on a smashed pallet. JDS gave me a bottle of touch up paint and an extended warranty. Since they are the same machines, I suppose they come from the mfg on crappy pallets.

I bought a Laguna drill press about 6 years ago also. Arrived in good condition, but the quill travel was much shorter than claimed. They appreciated my pointing it out to them.:( I don't know what language the manual was in, but not one I know.