PDA

View Full Version : 303 Main Shop tour

Kelly C. Hanna
08-22-2005, 10:12 AM
Well...here's my new shop....having to rush into functionality has it's merits. The house can wait, the shop had to be organized & ready to start a stain grade project today. I spent ALL weekend getting it ready. I am a very happy woodworker! Of course I am already panning an addition, but this will be fine a for while. :D

http://www.hannawoodworks.com/303MainShop1.html
http://www.hannawoodworks.com/303MainShop2.html

Bob Noles
08-22-2005, 10:21 AM
WOW Kelly,

Very well organized and pleanty of room. I especially like the fridge and TV :D

Looks like you will have a lot of happy time out there.

Jim Becker
08-22-2005, 10:37 AM
Kelly, the link to page two at the bottom of page one is broken...the ".html" is missing from the link.

That said, it looks like you really have moved in and are back in business! Congratulations!

John Renzetti
08-22-2005, 10:42 AM
Hi Kelly, Looks great. Well organized.
take care,
John

Corey Hallagan
08-22-2005, 11:48 AM
Kelly, awesome! I am so jealous. I would love to have a free standing shop but to have a 2 story gambrell barn shop it the tops in my opinion. I think you need to rename your company "Red Barn Construction" ...lol. Maybe I missed it but where is the Griz table saw? Heck, I wouldn't get nothing done with a deck off of my shop! That is just too cool. That is just incredible about the initials and all. Put a linky to your website on mine! Looking forward to seeing more. Definitely one of my favorite shops here at SMC. What will your addition look like?

Corey

Jim O'Dell
08-22-2005, 12:52 PM
Looks GREAT Kelly! You've really done a good job finding a place for everything. I bet you pack a mean car for vacation, too!! Jim.

Roger Fitzsimonds
08-22-2005, 1:09 PM
Kelly, I have a barn shop very simular to your. 2 story but I am only woodworking o the first and do computers and girls playhouses on the second. I really like the way your atairs are mine dont turn and I think they take up to much of the floor space.

I love my shop I am also going to build a shed on the side for dust collection and air compressor. It looks like you set it up well enjoy.

Roger

Richard Wolf
08-22-2005, 4:00 PM
Good looking shop. Any beer in the fridge?

Richard

Thomas Becknell
08-22-2005, 4:08 PM
nice shop kelly, wish i could get mine looking that good:)

Bart Leetch
08-22-2005, 4:36 PM
Kelly

The shop looks great. Looks like you've been there at least 10 years already. ;) It probably felt that way this morning. :eek: That shop looks like it fits you very well. :)

I know you've probably already told us but what are the width & length of you shop?

Chris Padilla
08-22-2005, 5:13 PM
I see its sheathed in your favorite man-made material! ;) Nice space ya picked up, Kelly, real nice.

Steve Jenkins
08-22-2005, 5:35 PM
Lookin Good Kelly. Nothing like being forced by a job to get the shop in order. Keeps you from procrastinating.:>)

Bruce Page
08-22-2005, 7:38 PM
Wow Kelly, it didn't take you long to get the shop dialed in - even while reading 7 forums!
Looks great!

Brian Hale
08-22-2005, 8:19 PM
Great looking shop Kelly!! Looks real comfortable to move around in...

Brian :)

Frank Pellow
08-22-2005, 9:54 PM
Thanks for the tour Kelly. You certainly are fitting things in quickly (and well).

Kelly C. Hanna
08-23-2005, 8:15 AM
I fixed the link...thanks Jim!

Thanks, Corey...the Griz is in the shop, but not hooked up yet. I am a little concerned 'cause the service here is only 100 amps and the second box in the shop comes off the one in the house. I hope it'll handle 220's...I need two of them. Everytime I turn on the Craftsman, the lights almost go out. They are on a separate curcuit...is this normal? I had 200 amp service at the other house...I'd love to upgrade this one someday soon.

The addition will be built off to the right of the shop where the shed sits now. It will match the red barn but will be a shed roof design much like the deck cover in front. I hope to make it 10 or 12x14.

Richard...you can be sure there is ALWAYS beer in the fridge. Tecate to be exact although Thomas has added some of his brand to the mix for after work.

I would love to be able to replace all that wunnerful OSB with plywood, Chris, but I know it's better than sheetrock or nothing. I removed some to put in the windows, but as you have probably noticed it went right back up.

Now I have to start working on the inside of the house some afterhours. I have to get this place in shape before too long...I'm tired of looking at boxes!!

Kelly C. Hanna
08-23-2005, 12:24 PM
Almost forgot....the shop is a 16x20 2 story with 600 sq.ft. usable space. I hope to add 140 to that soon to make it 740 sq.ft. Some of this will remain storage until the other barn gets bought and delivered....haveta wait til the house sells for that to happen.