PDA

View Full Version : Supermax 19-38 Combo Drum Sander

Clay Fails
08-12-2015, 8:57 PM
Tonight I tried for the first time to adjust the "out of parallel" feature on my new SM 19-38 Combo Drum Sander. When I applied moderate pressure to the lever (trying to move it to the rear of the machine (toward the motor), the entire lever broke off! As I looked closer at the connection, this lever is connected to the rotating rod in a VERY skimpy manner. It looks as if it was never designed to withstand any rotational force at all.

Of course I will call Supermax tomorrow and hopefully they will offer a remedy. From what I see, however, I do not see a simple fix for this failure.

Anyone else have an issue like this? I don't think I did anything wrong, but then again this was my first attempt to use this feature, and I did not see anything at all in the Owner's Manual about this feature.

Susumu Mori
08-12-2015, 9:14 PM
Even though they advertise "simple flip of a lever", in reality, you need to loosen the two hex nuts that hold the table. Then the lever rotates almost freely. The lever is not supposed to leverage any weight.

glenn bradley
08-13-2015, 8:23 AM
Even though they advertise "simple flip of a lever", in reality, you need to loosen the two hex nuts that hold the table. Then the lever rotates almost freely. The lever is not supposed to leverage any weight.

True. Their wording is a bit deceiving. but, the manual makes the process clear enough. I move mine often without issue and enjoy the feature. If the mechanism was loosened as required it is probably just a defect.