PDA

View Full Version : Lumber Gloat

Matt Meiser
08-22-2005, 8:25 AM
A few weeks ago my parents had their 35th anniversary and invited a lot of friends to a party. One of the guests, someon who my dad was in the Army with in the late 60's found out I was into woodworking and insisted that I come to Chicago to get some wood from him. He said he had way too much, wasn't doing much woodworking, I wasn't sure what to expect, by my wife and I made a weekend trip out of it. As you can seek, it was worth the trip, and I'll probably be making a second trip. The van was getting too loaded down and I was afraid to haul any more.

I got quite a bit of Maple, Oak, Cherry, Walnut from 1/8" to 4/4. I also got several bundles of curly maple, walnut burl, and bubinga veneer.

Oh, the cost? I owe him a cutting board and a small jewelery box for his wife.

Jim Becker
08-22-2005, 8:59 AM
Good deal, Matt! It appears you have a lot of "projects on the hoof" in that van! ;)

Jeff Sudmeier
08-22-2005, 9:13 AM
Congrats on the haul Matt!! Looks like a lot of good quality material!

Vaughn McMillan
08-22-2005, 5:26 PM
Man o' man, where do I sign up? I'd make 2 cutting boards and a jewelry box for that stack of lumber! Nice haul, Matt.

- Vaughn

Dan Forman
08-22-2005, 5:54 PM
Nice haul Matt. I have yet to build up an inventory, find it very frustrating to have to run out and buy something when all I need at the moment is now little piece about so big. So you are well covered in that department, as well as having a few projects worth of ready stock.

Dan