PDA

View Full Version : After The Surgery....

Corey Hallagan
08-21-2005, 9:34 PM
Well the surgery was done on Friday morning and I got to come home Friday afternoon. I was glad to get it done after 2 -3 attacks a week lately. All week long it was a battle to gain control of my blood pressure so they could do the surgery. The doc was able to do the Laproscopy (sp?) and remove the gallbladder that way. I don't do pain medication well, I just don't like them so have gone without which has made for a little more pain. Belly button and stomache is real sore.

Got the week off to rest and relax. I spent the last 2 awake hours building a new wooodworking website for myself. Please stop by and sign the guestbook. It's a little lean for now.. but has given me something to do. When I start feeling like I can comfortably move around the tablesaw I plan on installing that new splitter, but jabbing myself with the rails etc. is something i want to avoid! :eek:

Anyway, check out the website at the link in my profile if you have a mind to. Now I think I will lay down...again!

Corey

John Hart
08-21-2005, 9:38 PM
Congratulations Corey. Don't push it....'course you already know that I'm sure. Congratulations on the website too!

Richard Wolf
08-21-2005, 9:42 PM
Get well soon, hang in there!

Richard

Norman Hitt
08-21-2005, 10:06 PM
Hey Cory, glad it's working out OK. I think that before you head out to the shop when you get to feeling that uncontrollable Urge, ;) maybe you'd better Borrow some neighbor Kid's "Baseball Catchers Padding" to protect that "Tummy", .......Just in Case some of those Tool Rails start moving around in there, and..................... :D

Jim Becker
08-21-2005, 10:19 PM
'Glad you're on the mend, Cory. I remember back a number of years when I was in the same position with the same problem. The surgery was "just the ticket"...'glad I had it done.

Bernie Weishapl
08-21-2005, 10:27 PM
Hey Corey. Take it easy and get to feeling better. Good to hear everything is ok.

Bernie

Tom Pritchard
08-21-2005, 10:59 PM
Hi Corey, glad to hear you're on the mend! You've spent so much time this year getting your shop into shape that it will be nice to enjoy it in good health! What projects you have planned for the late summer/early fall?

Bruce Page
08-21-2005, 11:02 PM
Corey, Take it easy and heal well!

Dave Mapes
08-21-2005, 11:15 PM
Corey

Glad your feeling better. Don't forget a sore is like a painted target and will be the first thing you bump, so don't rush getting back into the shop. Take it easy and get better.

Dave

Pat Monahan
08-22-2005, 12:04 AM
Corey
Glad to hear all went well and you're on the road to recovery.
Pat

John Lucas
08-22-2005, 2:22 AM
Corey,
Glad it is over and successful. A word about the pain medications: I can understand why you dont want to ake them, BUT sometimes you have to take them anyway so that the muscles around the wound site dont do damage. I know that post heart surgery, they kept me way drugged for 5 days. I hated the elucinations, but they insisted. Do what the doctor says...and get better.

Vaughn McMillan
08-22-2005, 3:01 AM
Good to hear things are on the mend Corey. As others have said, take your time getting well and take advantage of the time off to relax.

- Vaughn

Sam Blasco
08-22-2005, 9:22 AM
Get well soon and smart. The tablesaw will be there when you are ready.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-22-2005, 10:10 AM
Glad things went well Corey! Don't rush back into the shop too soon! Those tools wil be there long after you heal properly!

Peter Pedisich
08-22-2005, 10:40 AM
Corey,

Take it easy, don't rush it. The DW618 is patient, it will wait til you're ready.

Pete

Effie Lever
08-22-2005, 10:48 AM
Take it easy Corey and have a speedy recovery.
About your website, what is the URL?
<O:p</O:p

Effie.

Jim Becker
08-22-2005, 10:49 AM
Effie, click on Corey's name at the top of his post and then click on the link for his web site. ("Home Page"...an archaic label for the same...)

Alden Miller
08-22-2005, 10:50 AM
Corey, take it easy for longer than you think you should.

Are you over the shuffle part yet. First time I went to get the mail from the mailbox after my surgery it took me 15 minutes and lot's of rest stops to get to the end of the driveway.

Don't watch any funny movies either.

-Alden

Corey Hallagan
08-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Thanks all! I appreciate it. I am feeling much better this morning and not as tender. Thanks for stopping by the site all. Got some new books to chill out with!

Tom, I am in the middle of a living room remodel, now I need to refinish the oak floors. After that it is on to installing all new interior doors and then trim everything out with casing, base board and crown molding. Then I am ready for some wood work projects... will be doing a computer station in one corner of the room and a built in dinette type thing in another corner ( I think) in between that have several jigs I want to build and start some small box work.

Thanks again,
Corey

Ed Lang
08-22-2005, 11:13 AM
Get well!

Funny, I have not read a single post about pictures:eek:

Don Baer
08-22-2005, 11:42 AM
Glad your surgery went well and that your on the mend. Now take it easy and don't push yourself. Listen to your body.

Roger Fitzsimonds
08-22-2005, 1:14 PM
Corey

I am glad you are past the surgery. Time heals , take the time to heal. hope you are feeling 100% soon.

Roger

Dan Forman
08-22-2005, 5:50 PM
Cory---Hope you are back up to snuff real soon. In the mean time, be kind to yourself.

Dan

Andrew Ault
08-22-2005, 7:20 PM
Corey,

I've enjoyed reading your recent posts about your new tools. (Nice stuff!) I'm very glad to read that you are recovering and look forward to seeing what you make with them.

I know what you mean about pain killers - they are not my favorite thing either. I hope the pain you still have will steadily diminish. I always want to do too much too soon after an injury...but I guess I've learned to take it easy longer so I heal faster.

Get better quick!

-Andy

Steve Ash
08-22-2005, 8:35 PM
Corey,
Here is hoping for a speedy recovery for you. Get lots of rest.

Corey Hallagan
08-22-2005, 8:43 PM
Thanks guys! The wife just brought home $25.00 worth of woodworking mags for me to read. Got to love that!

Corey

Todd Davidson
08-22-2005, 8:51 PM
May your recovery be speedy. And don't toss those pain killers - you may need them when you get the hospital bill.

Corey Hallagan
08-22-2005, 9:07 PM
Thanks Todd and no kidding on the pain killers. One thing, I have found out is that I cannot do codine based pain killers. My doctor told me many people can't. From now on when they ask me if I react to any medicines I was informed to tell them I can't take codine. She said there are plenty of pain killers that will do the job but won't make you feel the day after Woodstock!

Corey

Ron Jones near Indy
08-22-2005, 9:12 PM
I'm glad things went well for you, Corey. Take time to recover.

Frank Pellow
08-22-2005, 9:40 PM
Corey, am glad that the surgery went well and that you are on the road to recovery.

Nice site structure Corey. I have been considering setting up my own WEB site. Your example is pushing me even further along the path to doing so.

Matt King
08-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Glad to hear that it all went well! I recall that the 3rd day after my back surgery was the most tender... I'm remembering that now as I face the removal of 2 discs in my neck along with the fusion that goes with the territory... all at the tender young age of 33! ~sigh~

At the risk of 'hijacking', I will ask if anyone here has experience with neck fusion...

Enjoy your time off, Corey, and enjoy not being doubled over in stomach pain every couple of days!

Take care,

Matt