PDA

View Full Version : Creeker's Weekend Accomplishments

Dennis Peacock
08-10-2015, 9:54 AM
10 Aug 2015

Good Morning Everyone,
First, let me say that I'm really tired of the heat and I'm ready for more fall like temps. :)

Been working a lot at the day job and we lost another team member on my team. Latest news is that we will not be filling the empty position. Just means more work for the rest of us.

I'm ready to do some woodworking but I refuse to try and work in the shop with it being over 110 degrees in my shop. So, I'll wait until fall weather.

The LOML and MIL are getting ready to go out of state for a week so maybe I'll get things caught up at work so I can spend some time with them after they get back home next week.

Pretty boring on my side....so what did YOU do this past weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.

Greg Hines, MD
08-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I cut down a stunted tree where my new barn is going to go.

Doc

eugene thomas
08-10-2015, 10:23 AM
Dennis. Not trying to spend your money but sounds like good excuse for ac..

Charles Taylor
08-10-2015, 10:49 AM
Spent Saturday morning on an errand to pick up some lamps I will hang over the workbench along one wall of the workshop. I'll do the hanging this fall when the shop attic isn't set on broil. Dropped by a Woodcraft that was on the way and picked up a sheet of 1/8" ply to use for drawer bottoms in the little chest I'm putting together from material taken from the scrap pile.

Friday evening I had given a coat of stain to the exterior of the chest, and Saturday afternoon I gave it a coat of shellac and then an initial coat of Waterlox. Discovered a couple of holidays in the shellac coverage that allowed the Waterlox to lift the stain. Oops.

Also on Saturday afternoon, fired up the smoker and filled it with chicken for a tasty supper for my wife and me.

On Sunday afternoon, milled up some material for the chest's drawers. Red oak (leftover flooring) for the fronts, and maple for the other three sides. Back at the chest's casework, applied and blended in some stain to fix the lifting done by the varnish.

Leftover chicken for Sunday supper. ;)

Bud Millis
08-10-2015, 12:17 PM
I started the install of an Oneida Air Super Dust Gorilla 3 hp. Now that its all laid out how I want it to go I can start bolting things together. Hopefully I'll do that tonight.

Shawn Pixley
08-10-2015, 8:57 PM
Saturday after the obligatory long dog walk where the deaf dog almost got the rabbit, LOML & I went to the fair. She garnered 4 Firsts and two Seconds for her entries. My project didn't get done in time (still working on the inlays) so I didn't have anything to check. We had a great time. We're temporarally hooked on a Swedish detective series so we watched an episode after dinner. I figured out the odd casting cope and drag we were given.

Sunday, I repeated the walk and then worked for a few hours. Then we went to a painting party for a friends' birthday. We endied up painting landscapes (ughhhhh) but mine turned out well. Then a couple more hours of work. A nice dinner followed. We walked to the waters' edge to watch the nighly fireworks.

This morning, I was at work at 6:00 starting another long week...