PDA

View Full Version : Engraving Greyscale on Trotec Speedy 100

Pat Philips
08-09-2015, 11:52 PM
Hi Guys and Girls

Firstly excuse my ignorance.

I have recently purchased a Trotec Speedy 100 and I am little bit confused as to the greyscale settings.

I engrave a lot of Trophy plates on laser ply and often have to pick up different tonal range in logos. I have previously used a universal laser where I can send the logo down to the laser without converting it into a bitmap hence picking up the tones.

I have noticed with the trotec that job control automatically converts to bitmap limiting the detail that i can engrave with.

I have been using the standard - stucki - setting.

My question is.. am i doing something wrong.. should i be using different settings ???

Thanks in advance

Pat

Mike Null
08-10-2015, 8:30 AM
Pat

Welcome to SMC. I have JCX which is different than your software but if you could post a screen capture of your options maybe one of us can help.

Pat Philips
08-11-2015, 1:40 AM
Thanks Mike appreciate it.

This is the sort of logo I want to engrave.. i do not want to bitmap it because I want to pick up the different tones.

Pat Philips
08-11-2015, 2:02 AM

this probably a better example

Thanks

Mike Null
08-11-2015, 7:35 AM
Pat

This may be of some help. http://www.troteclaser.com/en-US/About-Trotec/News/Documents/Photo-engraving.pdf

Bryan Jater
08-11-2015, 9:00 AM
Hi Pat,

I would use "ordered dithering" to do what you are trying to do, works the best in my opinion.

Cheers

Bryan

Scott Shepherd
08-11-2015, 9:09 AM
Or Photo with Stucki.