PDA

View Full Version : User Tip of The Week

Ken Salisbury
06-06-2003, 6:02 PM
I periodically edit posts and correct simple things like spelling, vB codes, inoperative links, etc as part of my moderating chores. It dawned on me today that some posters may not be aware of the fact:

Any member can “edit” his or her own posts. If you post a message and discover a need to correct spelling, add a picture attachment, change the general content of the post, etc, etc simply click the “Edit” button at the bottom of your post, make the changes desired and click “Save Changes”.

Bart Leetch
06-06-2003, 8:30 PM
Also if you are sensitive about your poor spelling you can download this program & use it to check your spelling when you post to any forum.

http://www.iespell.com/

Don Henthorn Smithville, TX
06-06-2003, 10:59 PM
Boy, am I glad that feature is there. When I went to high school only girls took typing so I hunt and peck. Although I typed a lot of research papers in college with no problems, I am mucho out of practive. Can't believe the errors I make now.

Byron Trantham
06-10-2003, 10:59 AM
Bart, This tip is worth a thousand words! I just downloaded it and tired it. I think of how many times I have reedited by text and still missed misspelled words. THANKS.

Dave Anderson NH
06-10-2003, 12:39 PM
While I appreciate your efforts, I abhor orthodoxy in spelling, it's just not creative. Harken back to days of yore when small effort was made to conform and all readers had the joy of trying to decipher the writer's true meaning. ;-))

Obviously I don't have enough to do today.

Bart Leetch
06-10-2003, 4:07 PM
You say .... "This tip is worth a thousand words! I just downloaded it and tired it." Hmmm must not have been this post you tried it on.

Byron Trantham
06-10-2003, 6:22 PM
Boy, did you get me! I was so happy about the tool, I forgot to use it.

Gary Bindel
06-11-2003, 9:23 AM
The problem with spellcheckers is that if a word is misspelled and forms a real word, it doesn't catch it. I also find that even when proofreading, my brain knows what I meant to say and interprets as such, negating my proofreading efforts.:(

Bart Leetch
06-11-2003, 9:20 PM
Originally posted by Gary Bindel
The problem with spell-checkers is that if a word is misspelled and forms a real word, it doesn't catch it. I also find that even when proofreading, my brain knows what I meant to say and interprets as such, negating my proofreading efforts.:(

I can understand that Gary I usually need to carefully read a long post at least 3 times.

You'll notice the spell-checker changed you way of spelling spell-checker.