PDA

View Full Version : It's here!

Gary Hair
08-07-2015, 5:47 PM
Just arrived long enough ago to offload, uncrate and roll it into place. Now the fun begins!

Tony Lenkic
08-07-2015, 5:52 PM
Congratulation Gary,

You will have fun weekend watching it fly over the substrates you load in. I'm sure you will be happy with your purchase.

Ron Gosnell
08-07-2015, 6:16 PM
That sure is pretty.

Gozzie

Keith Outten
08-07-2015, 6:25 PM
Thats a real beauty Gary, enjoy!

Keith Winter
08-07-2015, 7:03 PM
Great looking machine Gary, enjoy!

Scott Shepherd
08-07-2015, 7:29 PM
Congratulations Gary. I can't wait for you to start using it and give some feedback. I really hope it runs great and does what you need it to do. There's so many people on here now with a lot of experience, so if you have any questions, just pop in and I'm sure you'll get answers. Feel free to give me a call or shoot me an email if there's anything I can do for you.

Nice to have another power user joining the group.

AL Ursich
08-07-2015, 8:02 PM
Very Nice !!!

I wish you the BEST with your new tool.

AL

Scott Marquez
08-07-2015, 8:28 PM
That's just awesome, have a great weekend playing with your new toy.
Scott

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
08-07-2015, 8:35 PM
Gary,

Let us know what technique you employ to get it off the pallet. I have a method using truck jacks, but it might void your warranty. lol

Bob

Mike Null
08-08-2015, 8:13 AM
Gary

That is a dandy! I hope you like your Trotec as much as I like mine.

Neville Stewart
08-08-2015, 8:57 AM
Congratulations you lucky devil you :)

Scott Shepherd
08-08-2015, 4:02 PM
Just remember one critical rule.

Air assist on, nose cone on. Air off, nose cone off. Ignore that rule and you will be buying a $350 lens.

Neville Stewart
08-08-2015, 6:42 PM
Could you expound on that Scott. It'll sink in a little better.

Gary Hair
08-09-2015, 12:50 AM
Any idea why there are two nose cones? One with a larger dia hole than the other. Oh, if I do hose a lens I can replace it with one of the extras I have for my existing machine. I found holders on ebay for $48 and can buy a lens for about 1/3rd what most mfg's want for them.

Just remember one critical rule.

Air assist on, nose cone on. Air off, nose cone off. Ignore that rule and you will be buying a $350 lens.

Keith Winter
08-09-2015, 4:27 AM
Any idea why there are two nose cones? One with a larger dia hole than the other. Oh, if I do hose a lens I can replace it with one of the extras I have for my existing machine. I found holders on ebay for $48 and can buy a lens for about 1/3rd what most mfg's want for them.

Yes 2.5“ and below can use the tighter cone, funnels more air to the beam. Above 2.5“ lense must use wider cone. 2.5“ can use either. You'll move the placement of the lens up or down depending on the lense size too.

Not sure on aftermarket lens, if you do get that figured out please post or im me, I'd be interested in getting some if they work.

Steve Morris
08-09-2015, 5:14 AM
could use a spare lens holder or two to play with - pity they use GSP the shipping cost is over a third of the cost of the holder, then add duty & VAT :(

Gary Hair
08-10-2015, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the info! I have a 1.5" lens that I got with it due to the high-res graphics I mark on an, anodized aluminum, so I'm using it to cut .062 acrylic as well, fortunately I put on the small aperture cone guessing that was the right one.

The lens that came with it is from http://www.iiviinfrared.com/ Search ebay for the holder - just make sure it's the right one, there were two on there the other day.

You'll move the placement of the lens up or down depending on the lense size too.

What do you mean Keith? Do you mean the lens is mounted in a different place?

Scott Shepherd
08-10-2015, 8:04 AM
Yes Gary, the 1.5 lens goes at the bottom and the 2" and above go at the top. When you unscrew the red tube that holds the lens in, the 1.5" lens is located at the bottom of the tube. With the 2" and above, you take that red tube out, flip it around, and screw that into the bottom, and then lens is mounted and tightened on top of the red tube.

Gary Hair
08-10-2015, 9:35 AM
Thanks Steve. My Explorer has the lenses mounted all the same way so I assumed this would be the same - you know what happens when you assume...

Scott Shepherd
08-10-2015, 9:39 AM
Thanks Steve. My Explorer has the lenses mounted all the same way so I assumed this would be the same - you know what happens when you assume...

In this case, when you assume, you'll put the lens in upside down ;) Not the end of the world, but enough to ruin a customers piece of material.

Gary Hair
08-10-2015, 12:17 PM
The red one is the 1.5" that came with it, the silver one is the one I bought on ebay. Does the lens go in the same way in both? If I'm looking at the side with the notches where it is glued, would that be the curved side for both?

Scott Shepherd
08-10-2015, 12:40 PM
Take a look at these and let me know if that explains it.

Those two go on opposite ends of that red tube. Unscrew the red tube and flip it around and it'll screw into the bottom instead of the top, then you can hold the lens above the tube in place.

Gary Hair
08-10-2015, 7:39 PM
That looks more or less like mine, but if I turn that tube upside down it will put the lens so high that the cone would be well below 2". I'll take a couple of pics in a bit. When you are focused, how far is the nose cone above the surface?

Take a look at these and let me know if that explains it.

Those two go on opposite ends of that red tube. Unscrew the red tube and flip it around and it'll screw into the bottom instead of the top, then you can hold the lens above the tube in place.

Scott Shepherd
08-10-2015, 7:47 PM
That looks more or less like mine, but if I turn that tube upside down it will put the lens so high that the cone would be well below 2". I'll take a couple of pics in a bit. When you are focused, how far is the nose cone above the surface?

Oh, 1/4" maybe. Maybe a little more. It might be different on the 400, but I don't think it is. I'll look around a little and see if I can find a photo of it online and report back.

Scott Shepherd
08-10-2015, 7:54 PM
I can't tell Gary. I only see the 1.5 lens installed in everything online that's not a flexx. The manual for the 400 only shows the 1.5 installed, and doesn't show the switching around either.

Someone with a 400 is going to have to take it from here.

Keith Winter
08-10-2015, 8:34 PM
What focal length is the silver one you mention? If it's 2“ then you definitely won't be running it top slot. My 2.5“ is in the top and doesn't have much clearance. Either bottom or I believe the 2“ from Trotec uses a special in between mount, but I have a 2.5“ so I cannot be sure. I'm 98‰ sure we're running our 2.5“ in the top slot. Your 1.5“ is probably running in the bottom slot.