PDA

View Full Version : end of job notification

Gary Hair
08-07-2015, 11:03 AM
My fiber is far enough away from my desk that I don't always see that it has finished running a job. The co2 beeps when it's done but the fiber just sits there, staring blankly into space... There are outputs on the board and settings in the software but I don't know what to put together that will beep/buzz/light up - the electronics part that is. I can configure the software and find the connection on the board but what should I hook up? It's a +5 trigger that will either go high or low, my choice, but it doesn't do anything more than that. Any ideas from any of you electronics wizards? Ideal would be a buzzer on the machine and also a blinking LED light so I could see it instead of relying on hearing in this noisy shop.
Thanks for any ideas!

Kev Williams
08-07-2015, 3:06 PM
not joking- My old machines are loud and drown out any laser machine beeps. If I need to know when a machine is done, I just estimate it and take the timer with me...

Gary Hair
08-07-2015, 3:15 PM
I did that using my watch for a job I had on my co2, it was thousands of anodized parts and they took 26:55 to run a batch. After a few hundred batches I would get up on my own and be just a minute or two off time... The fiber is different though, I don't have too many jobs that run the exact same time so if I'm off on my estimate I'd end up either with an idle machine or me standing there waiting for it to finish - neither one works out well as busy as I am.
My new Trotec (literally arriving any minute!) has an app for my iphone that estimates time, controls the machine and can alert me when it's done - can't wait for that!

Patrick Smithwick
08-07-2015, 5:34 PM
Gary, My fiber is far enough away as well. I just listen for the sound of the crackling to stop.

Gary Hair
08-07-2015, 5:58 PM
My hearing is bad enough that's not really an option. I can just hear the co2 that sits about 3 feet away from me. That's why I was thinking a buzzer *and* a light. If I find the right solution then I'd probably hook it up to my existing co2 as well.

Gary, My fiber is far enough away as well. I just listen for the sound of the crackling to stop.

Craig Matheny
08-12-2015, 5:24 PM
I bought a cheap security system 4 cameras hooked up one for each laser works just like a baby monitor I can see the status of the laser at any time.