PDA

View Full Version : Kipp Lever with Thrust Insert

Bill Adamsen
08-07-2015, 8:42 AM
I wasn't aware Kipp made a thrust insert matched to a lever, so I was going to attempt to drill my own. Then I saw this factory thrust bolt. Seems a lot easier that trying to drill the end of my own hardened bolt. I assume that would be just about impossible to do successfully (without a machinist lathe)?

Questions
1) does anyone know a source of the combined unit or just the thrust bolt?
2) is it possible to remove the bolt from my lever and just buy the insert to replace?

I bought the Kipp Lever in photo from MSC Direct (I think), but I can't seem to find the metric thrust inserts in the US from any supplier.

This is for a replacement for a bandsaw fence where it bears on a steel bar that I'd rather not mar.

peter gagliardi
08-07-2015, 11:03 AM
MSC industrial supply, Carr Lane, and Mc Master Carr should all have a huge selection of diameters, lengths, and metric and English threads. I have gotten them from MSC and McMaster.

Bill Adamsen
08-07-2015, 12:32 PM
Peter ... couldn't source that thrust screw (Kipp number is K0389.12x625 or 07119-12X) at any of the usual suspects. Called Kipp and they have them in stock and referred me to their distributor http://www.fixtureworks.net/ for ordering.

I was also thinking in the amount of time it has taken to figure this out, I could have brazed on a brass plug and shaped by hand.