PDA

View Full Version : Led spotlight in my moffit lamb

Bob Bergstrom
08-06-2015, 8:24 PM
I have all LEDS and fluorescent lights in my shop. No heat from lamps to cause fire. I bought this spot LED from Menards for $15. It is 800 lumens. I removed the metal reflector from the inside of the shade of my Moffit lamp and the bulb is a perfect fit. Because there's so little heat the plastic shade is still cool to the touch. The spot put a lot of light right where I want it. This is a great upgrade for Moffit users.

Toby Bouder
08-06-2015, 9:33 PM
I use an LED spot light also. Much better than having a hot lamp next to you, and uses less electricity.

Thomas Canfield
08-07-2015, 10:52 PM
Thanks for hint. I put one in my Amazon cart for next order.

Bill Boehme
08-07-2015, 11:51 PM
That looks just like the LED lamp that I have in my Moffatt lamp. The LED that I got is the Feit brand from Ace Hardware.

Scott Brandstetter
08-08-2015, 9:38 AM
Can someone tell me the mft or model number of this bulb. I am having the darndest time finding it. Would like to get in on the deal.

Bob Bergstrom
08-08-2015, 2:25 PM
Can someone tell me the mft or model number of this bulb. I am having the darndest time finding it. Would like to get in on the deal.
Scott here a pic of the plastic container it came I just noticed it is also dim-able. It has the thick gall front on it. I already knocked or off my headstock onto the floor. No problem. The weight may make it a little top heavy if it is leaned out too far from the base. Just make sure to clear the wood chips before sticking the magnet.

john taliaferro
08-10-2015, 9:41 AM
Yes and they are tough ,its nice not to burn my arm on a 100 watt bulb . I do a lot of large hollowing so their is a lot of chips to remove from a small area was always bumping that hot bulb, :cool:bright to i can see even with dust on lenses .

Bob Bergstrom
08-10-2015, 2:37 PM
Yes and they are tough ,its nice not to burn my arm on a 100 watt bulb . I do a lot of large hollowing so their is a lot of chips to remove from a small area was always bumping that hot bulb, :cool:bright to i can see even with dust on lenses .
Maybe I should put a dimmer switch on the Moffit, then I could dim it when I see too many flaws and am tired of sanding it all again.:(