PDA

View Full Version : Nova DVR XP "hardware failure"

Eric Gourieux
08-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Have any of the DVR owners had this issue? My Nova DVR XP lathe was running fine this morning and then shut down. The readout states "hardware failure". When I restart it, the spindle starts to turn briefly and then quits. I've tried turning it off and on, but the process repeats. Any ideas? I have contacted Nova CS and am awaiting a reply.

Sid Matheny
08-06-2015, 1:45 PM
Might try turning it off and unplug it for a few minutes.

Doug Herzberg
08-06-2015, 2:14 PM
Time for an American Beauty?

Ralph Lindberg
08-06-2015, 9:06 PM
That message could mean a number of thing, including the failure of the optical encoder. You might go to Teknatools instructions and find how to clean the sensor. It might be that if it's dirty enough the electronics could read that as a hardware failure.

But baring something that simple, it's probably time to send some hardware to Teknatool for repairs

Eric Gourieux
08-06-2015, 9:22 PM
Sid, I tried that. Unfortunately, that didn't work.
Doug, the AB is definitely on my radar, but I was planning on waiting to make the BIG jump. Perhaps it's time!
Ralph, I'll definitely check that out. Thanks!

Blair Swing
08-07-2015, 6:52 AM
Did you try a "hard restart". Can't remember which two buttons instructions said to hit together but was glancing at the instructions just last night and I have had to do similar with an iPhone or two

Joe Bradshaw
08-07-2015, 9:58 AM
Eric, you might try taking the end cover and the switch covers off and give it a good blow out with your airhose. My girlfriend had a similar problem with her DVR. We put duct tape around the switch cover and it helped. She eventully got a Robust Liberty and solved the problem. Hope this helps.
Joe

Peter Fabricius
08-07-2015, 4:09 PM
Eric,
Remember the CONDENSER inside the Red Cover retains its power voltage for some time (unplugged) after shutdown so, let the machine sit for a bit before opening the cover. Not sure how long but half an hour should do it!
Peter F. Nova DVR XP since 2009, and loving it!

Blair Swing
08-07-2015, 9:26 PM
Did you try a "hard restart". Can't remember which two buttons instructions said to hit together but was glancing at the instructions just last night and I have had to do similar with an iPhone or two
Found the switches to press for a Hard Reset. Hold the off key, hold it, and then the down RPM Says to use if system doesn't respond to the keys or problems with the drive.

Good luck!

Eric Gourieux
08-08-2015, 8:40 AM
Thanks for all of the suggestions. I've tried them all and still no go! I'll see what CS has to say.

Alan Gan
08-09-2015, 1:37 AM
Totally out there but.... Maybe try a different power Circuit. I tend to leave no stone unturned.