PDA

View Full Version : Trotec training day

Neville Stewart
08-06-2015, 8:31 AM
Between one thing and another I'm going to get my Trotec training day tomorrow on my birthday coincidentally, but for those of you that have had yours, would you do anything differently if you had a second shot, what would you have on hand, or anything else that comes to mind. I've just recently got it plumbed up and connected to laptop so haven't had a chance to use or perhaps a little fear that I'd do something wrong first out of the gate. Anyway I'm curious if I can help make it a more productive day. Tx.

Steve Morris
08-06-2015, 8:42 AM
Plenty of the materials you expect to be using regularly so you can get them dialled in.

Bob Davis - Sturgis SD
08-06-2015, 9:21 AM
Neville,

Congratulations on your big day. I'd suggest you gather up a wide variety of materials to experiment on. Pay attention to the cleaning process. I guess cleaning is important. And finally, I had a young person participate in the training. My attention span is too short, lol.

Bob

Mike Null
08-06-2015, 9:21 AM
Neville

Spend as much time as possible learning JC. Have him take you through every mode, and how to set up jobs. The materials stuff comes easy once you understand you have to experiment with your settings to get it right for each material. Don't be surprised if various colors of laminated plastic engrave differently.

Gary Hair
08-06-2015, 10:35 AM
When my DCS rep did the install and training for my printer I video recorded the entire day. It was nice to go back and take notes of the things I either missed completely or partly. If you don't have one, go buy an inexpensive recorder that can record directly to your computer - even a webcam might do the trick.

Keith Winter
08-06-2015, 5:35 PM
LOL I did the same thing! Have it all on video somewhere. :D

Have materials you want to engrave there as everyone else said.

Awesome birthday gift to yourself getting the laser up and going, have fun! :D I see you're in Austin so Chris is likely installing it. Tell Chris from Trotec hi from me. He's very knowledgeable he'll have you up and going like a pro in no time.

When my DCS rep did the install and training for my printer I video recorded the entire day. It was nice to go back and take notes of the things I either missed completely or partly. If you don't have one, go buy an inexpensive recorder that can record directly to your computer - even a webcam might do the trick.

Neville Stewart
08-06-2015, 5:37 PM
Thanks everyone. All very good points. I will record it, great idea Gary.