PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from the Greenbay area??

Jeff Monson
08-05-2015, 12:28 PM
So I promised my son a fall fishing trip, we decided on trying out a fishing charter in the Greenbay area (Algoma) to be exact. Anyways the Packers are
playing that weekend so we decided on going to a game. So tickets were easy to come by but hotels seem to be another story. So looking for some advice from
a local on where to stay or call. We are going to the Eagles game on the 29th.

Jerry Bruette
08-05-2015, 4:33 PM
Not exactly the Green Bay area but a little Nort.

I don't know how far you're willing to travel for a hotel but you could try in Oconto, they have a Holiday Inn Express. They might even be booked or willing to steal your shorts on a game weekend.

I don't think I'd try for a hotel in Door County either, that's where Algoma is, touristy and probably booked for a game weekend too.

Maybe Two Rivers or Manitowoc, which are both Southeast of Green Bay. Manitowoc has a AmericInn that's supposed to be nice, I'll find out Labor Day weekend, staying there for a family gathering.

If you have to you could come all the way up to Marinette, north of Green Bay about 45 minutes, we've got 2 or 3 nice hotels up here that shouldn't charge too much and should have a room available.

I wouldn't wait too long to book though, the closer to game day the fewer rooms and the more you'll pay.

Good Luck and enjoy the Lambeau experience.

ryan paulsen
08-05-2015, 7:55 PM
You might try asking the charter captain. I know some of them have connections with trailers and such near the harbor. I think Dumper Dans has trailers or condos, i think he's out if Kewaunee. Worth a shot.

Pat Barry
08-05-2015, 8:15 PM
Appleton is about 1/2 hr south and has some decent hotels.

Jeff Monson
08-05-2015, 10:46 PM
thanks for the info guys, gives me somewhere to start!!