PDA

View Full Version : Wheee

Bart Leetch
08-20-2005, 9:21 PM
I limited out on trout today What great fun we got to the lake about 6:45 AM & left at 4 PM . :D

Bob Nieman
08-20-2005, 9:35 PM
I didn't limit out, but the carp I caught while fishing with my scout troop probably outweighed your trout :D

most of them were the smallest carp I have ever caught (3-4"), but a couple were much bigger. Most of my scouts didn't catch anything and were convinced I was lucky. Knowing when you have a bite isn't luck. We will have to work on that some more. :)

As much as I enjoy carp fishing (as I tell the kids, there are lots of them and they come in LARGE), I'd sure like some of your trout. In my neck of the desert, the Pecos is just a wee too warm for 'em.

Bart Leetch
08-20-2005, 10:16 PM
Well that was real good. We had fresh Trout & fresh Corn on the cobb for dinner. It doesn't get much better then that. :D

Randy Moore
08-20-2005, 11:35 PM
I limited out on trout today What great fun we got to the lake about 6:45 AM & left at 4 PM . :D

Hey Bart, I really hate to say this BUT "No pictures-didn't happen"
I am glad you had a good day. I spent Friday and Saturday at Table Rock Lake in Missouri:) ...working on my mothers home NO FISHING. I left the :( boat home
Randy

Bart Leetch
08-21-2005, 12:21 AM
I had the fish cleaned before I thought to take a picture.

Will this do? This Loon was out there all day as a witness as well as my fishin partner.

Ken Fitzgerald
08-21-2005, 8:43 AM
Bart.....My FIL has been going to Canada to open and close a Boy Scout / Exporer camp and fish for walleye for over 40 years. He's 86 and the last 2 years he hasn't been able to go for health/ physical reasons.....heart bypass and total knee replacement. He was here in June and July. Some friends gave me the name of a fishing guide on Lake Roosevelt (on the Columbia River above Grand Coulee Dam) out of 7 Bays WA. My wife, I and my ILs rented a trailer house there and my FIL and I went fishing for walleye with this guide for 2 days. The first day left the dock at 0740 and walked back into the trailer to awaken our wives from their morning naps at 1000. My FIL whined he could wear these clothes fishing for 3 days or more as he didn't get his hands smelly ...the guide baited the hook the 1st time, netted the fish and took them off the hook and put them in the live well. Removing boat run time it took us 1.5 hours to catch the 3 man limit of 15 walleye. The 2nd day it was a little slower...took us until 1230. I've made the 10 day trip with the FIL and 20 friends to Canada twice. My FIL is one humble man and his greatest joy is fishing for walleye. It was neat to see him fish for walleye one more time and to see him catch his limit was icing on the cake!

Michael Stafford
08-21-2005, 8:50 AM
Well that was real good. We had fresh Trout & fresh Corn on the cobb for dinner. It doesn't get much better then that. :D

Sounds like a great fun day, Bart. What kind of trout? Around here we are talking about salt water trout, speckled or gray depending on where we catch them. Small ones are delicious, the larger ones are oily and strong. We had mackerel steaks from some fish I caught last fall (haven't had any luck this summer), beer-boiled shrimp, corn on the cob and fresh butterbeans less than 3 hours out of the garden with ice cold Charleston gray watermelon for dessert..... :D

I think I like eating and talking about eating almost as much as I like woodworking.... :p ;) :D

Bart Leetch
08-21-2005, 11:38 AM
What kind of trout?

Michael

They were fresh water Rainbow Trout.