PDA

View Full Version : Windows 10...I am less than impressed so far..

Chuck Wintle
07-31-2015, 6:46 PM
Call me old fashioned but i am not very impressed with windows 10. In spite of all the hype so far it has really nothing better than what is offered in windows 7. Also solitaire is not free anymore..it requires a subscription..why?

Jerome Stanek
07-31-2015, 8:22 PM
Call me old fashioned but i am not very impressed with windows 10. In spite of all the hype so far it has really nothing better than what is offered in windows 7. Also solitaire is not free anymore..it requires a subscription..why?

did you upgrade it my MS games transferred over

Mike Henderson
07-31-2015, 8:36 PM
I thought solitaire was a pretty simple program that you can just copy over - you don't even have to go through an "install" to get it to work. Look for sol.exe (I think that's what it was called).

Mike

Wade Lippman
07-31-2015, 9:03 PM
I "read" that all the games were available for free; they just figured no one wanted them any more.

Lee Schierer
07-31-2015, 9:29 PM
Does Windows Live Photo Gallery transfer over? I like the fuse and panorama features that came as part of Live Photo Gallery. I would hate to lose those features if I upgrade to Windows 10.

Jerome Stanek
08-01-2015, 7:08 AM
I upgraded 2 computers now and every thing seems to be working. I used Classic shell on my windows 8.1 computers and the new windows look pretty much like that it leaves all your programs that you have now on it as long as you choose the upgrade and not the custom.

Pat Barry
08-02-2015, 6:32 PM
I like it! I haven't used Edge but did notice they didn't copy my links / favorites over from Firefox, but why would they

Robert Delhommer Sr
08-02-2015, 7:36 PM
What I am curious about is if you can down load Win 10 but not install if you change your mind. Just want to get it while I can.

Gerry Grzadzinski
08-02-2015, 8:06 PM
Yes, you don't have to install it right away. However, I believe that you need to install it within 1 year, or you won't get a license code.
You can also download an .iso and burn a disc. However, in order to get a license code, you need to upgrade over your existing copy of Windows. If you want to do a clean install from the DVD, do the upograde first, then write down the license code, then start over with a clean install. That's what I discovered doing some searching yesterday.

Kelly Cleveland
08-02-2015, 8:21 PM
It seems to run a little bit faster, but usually any fresh install is. Otherwise the functionality is all the same with a slightly different interface to learn. Unfortunately the file explorer is not working, when I click on the link the screen goes black for a few seconds and it doesn't open. It is also impossible to change the color of windows without downloading an entire new theme with a background. I haven't really discovered any advantages over windows 7 besides the new browser.