PDA

View Full Version : Bottle Opener project

Bert Kemp
07-28-2015, 3:44 PM
I have a friend in NH that collects bottle openers , yea I know :D but hey, anyway this past April there was a bottle openers convention held in Phoenix ( who knew huh) and he flew out for it. I went to the convention to see him and his openers. His club is called "Just for openers", so unbeknown to him I'm making him a commemorative opener for his visit .
Big shout out to SMC member Michele Welch and her Hubby who cut out the metal parts of the openers for me on their new Plasma cutter . Great job thanks Michele.

Sorry for the blurred pic:( its really clear and sharp in person :)318472

Michele Welch
07-29-2015, 11:36 PM
Wow Bert, these look fantastic!! I'm sure he's going to love it! What did you use to glue the wood to the metal? And thanks for the shout-out, we love our plasma cutter and being able to mix the wood and the metal is such a cool thing!!! happy to help out anyone who needs the help!

Bert Kemp
07-29-2015, 11:46 PM
I cleaned the metal with acetone then sprayed them with rustoleum , then I put some gouges in the metal and the wood and used clear pvt silicone as adhesive. The won't come apart.

Wow Bert, these look fantastic!! I'm sure he's going to love it! What did you use to glue the wood to the metal? And thanks for the shout-out, we love our plasma cutter and being able to mix the wood and the metal is such a cool thing!!! happy to help out anyone who needs the help!